Ds lie Replavement Case Prob

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by afc_man, Sep 4, 2008.

Sep 4, 2008
  1. afc_man
    OP

Newcomer afc_man Member

United Kingdom
    hi guys i replaced the case (broken hinge)i was in a bit of a hurry lol,it turns on and then flashes off now,i took it back apart 1.does the white wire go to the anteena socket and the black one the mic? furthest away? 2. the bottom screen top ribbon cable seems to have come out and i cant get it back in im just fcuking the cable up now trying to get it back in now..!!!,any help would be apprecitaed guys cheers Rob

2. afc_man
    OP

Newcomer afc_man Member

United Kingdom
    or would i be better off just sticking it back in the broken case and giving ninty 65.oo quid for a reapir? and would they do it?

3. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    You need to reattach the ribbon cable [​IMG] The mic/antenna wires will (obviously) affect mic and wifi, but shouldn't prevent switching on.

The black tab needs to up, then you push in the cable as far is it can go, then flick the black tab down again to secure it.

It could be wise to get a person to hold the 2 halves while you do this, as it isn't that easy.

4. afc_man
    OP

Newcomer afc_man Member

United Kingdom
    its the little cable that connects the bottom screen to motherbaord and i cant seem to see a flap like on other screen mate?

5. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    Oh... The touch screen cable does have a black tab, but it is a bit more tricky (due to the cables width) to deal with.

The tab seems to fold up the opposite way to the other tabs, I'm not especially sure what the best method for dealing with it is, as I haven't replaced the touch screen [​IMG]