DS - Knytt Stories DS Beta

rrc2soft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all!

The first beta version of Knytt Stories DS has been released to the public! Knytt Stories is a freeware platform game made by Nicklas 'Nifflas' Nygren (http://nifflas.ni2.se/), and we have been working for more than a year and a half to port it to the Nintendo DS. While this is a beta and there are some things that must be improved/included (e.g. the sound effects), the first official level from Nifflas (The Machine) is included and is fully playable from beginning to end.

The game can be accessed HERE.

Cheers,

Rodrigo "RRC2Soft" Roman Castro.
Ramon "the other side of RRC2Soft" Roman Castro.

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent! Downloading now.

I enjoyed testing the last version even though some of the systems were not fully implemented. I'll let you know how I get on with this new beta. Thanks for all your hard work on this project.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh, I'll have to remember this!
smile.gif
It looks fun, since I like these small 2d games
biggrin.gif

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ohhh, nifty... good to see Knytt alive and kicking. Congrats on the job! That previous Nifflas game would also be cool to see on the DS... the one with absolutely unforgiving difficulty about bouncing balls.

rrc2soft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dudereno said:
I enjoyed testing the last version even though some of the systems were not fully implemented. I'll let you know how I get on with this new beta.

Thanks!

mercluke said:
all i need to know is whether don't eat the mushroom works
tongue.gif

It works
tongue.gif
, although it is a bit tweaked and the "Jim Carrey" scene is... a bit slow...
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(MarkDarkness @ Jan 12 2010, 02:33 AM)
That previous Nifflas game would also be cool to see on the DS... the one with absolutely unforgiving difficulty about bouncing balls.

Yup!, but I leave that task to another person... need to take a break from game programming
wacko.gif

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played through "the machine" this morning without a hitch. The laser and particle systems all worked just like the PC version. I can't wait to install some other stories and try them out this evening. Have you play tested any of the user generated content and if so, can you recommend any?

Fantastic showcase for DS homebrew.

rrc2soft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dudereno said:
Have you play tested any of the user generated content and if so, can you recommend any?

Gaia, without any doubt. Is basically an environmental level (explore, explore!), and last time I tested it, it worked very nicely. If you want more suggestions, check THIS thread.

BTW, The community is still creating KS levels, and there is one in particular that, although is still unreleased, looks really terrific.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, and the 12 inches pianist?