Homebrew DS(i) NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got a special case for y'all. Excuse me if J sound like a noob cos it's been really long and I'm not up to date. About a year or 2 ago, i had installed unlaunch, hiyacfw and Twilight menu using the flipnote glitch on my ndsi xl. It's firmware is 1.4.5u. I played on it for a few months, but the sd card broke inside it and in panic i ended up making it worse by damaging the sd card slot, trying to get it out. So now, the dsi has got unlaunch in it but everything in the sd card is gone and I can't get a new one. I would like to continue using it, so i decided to buy one of those xxx in one flash card. The seller doesn't provide any info about the flash card except the games. Since its on ebay, it can be returned. Hence I would like to try. Will it work on my dsi?
The SD reader (and shoulder buttons) are on one flex cable. It is not the cheapest but also not an extremely expensive spare part. The repair is fairly easy. have a look at ifixit.com
Using the internal SD with unlaunch, TWilight Menu++/nds-bootstrap has the benefit of allowing DSiWare and DSi mode for other games.

Those "Three-digit number in 1" carts are new enough to work on latest DSi/3DS firmware – shouldn't be an issue. You might want to backup the flashcart kernel (usually the µSD is taped in). I'm not a fan of those because a) it is commercial piracy and b) you never know what you get. Probably the lowest end (cheapest) flashcarts.

Good luck and have fun!

Kapto_X

Trophies
XP
Country
India
KleinesSinchen
Thank you so much for such a quick reply! I looked into replacing the sd reader but the thing is, i live in a country where it's quite expensive. I will still consider it if i can do it. Thanks for the advice. Although i do have to note that the flashcart I'm getting is from 2019. Does that matter?

Reactions: banjo2

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a special case for y'all. Excuse me if J sound like a noob cos it's been really long and I'm not up to date. About a year or 2 ago, i had installed unlaunch, hiyacfw and Twilight menu using the flipnote glitch on my ndsi xl. It's firmware is 1.4.5u. I played on it for a few months, but the sd card broke inside it and in panic i ended up making it worse by damaging the sd card slot, trying to get it out. So now, the dsi has got unlaunch in it but everything in the sd card is gone and I can't get a new one. I would like to continue using it, so i decided to buy one of those xxx in one flash card. The seller doesn't provide any info about the flash card except the games. Since its on ebay, it can be returned. Hence I would like to try. Will it work on my dsi?
It will work, but you really don't want to buy that particular cart because the SD they bundle it with is hot garbage that dies in less than a month.

Ideally, get your own SD card, then buy this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001970534470.html (it's the same thing but without an SD and pirated content)

Reactions: banjo2 and Kapto_X

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do I properly convert a image to a 16bit BMP for HiyaCFW Top and Bottom Splashes? I managed a year ago for my DSi LL but now when I try for my new normal-sized DSi I can't get it to work o.o

Paint only offers 8bit, 24bit and 32bit, Affinity can't export to BMP at all and when I try via a online-converter I found hiya just shows it garbled :(

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do I properly convert a image to a 16bit BMP for HiyaCFW Top and Bottom Splashes? I managed a year ago for my DSi LL but now when I try for my new normal-sized DSi I can't get it to work o.o

Paint only offers 8bit, 24bit and 32bit, Affinity can't export to BMP at all and when I try via a online-converter I found hiya just shows it garbled :(
I've no idea what HiyaCFW exactly needs. I guess Gimp should do it. Probably overkill using that monster application. This is what it offers me for exporting an image as .bmp file:
Gimp.png

Reactions: SkyDX and Pk11

Tarmfot

Trophies
XP
Country
Montserrat
Hello.
I copied all my files(hidden files too) from my dsi 2 GB sd card to an 32GB one formatted with 32KB cluster size.
All work fine except Hiya CFW that doesn't start.
How can I fix it?

powblock-64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings , I'm trying to get GBA runner 2 to play wario Land 4 but it just leaves me with a white screen am I doing something incorrect ?

Deleted member 585915

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to use TWpatcher with ntr-forwarder for wide screen patching but whenever I start the game the screen says:
okay
"If using a 3DS-mode forwarder, reinstall bootstrap.cia to use widescreen.

If using a DSI-mode forwarder then remake the forwarder."

I don't know how to do either of those lol can somebody help?

Edit: sorry i posted this in the wrong place oops

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trying to use TWpatcher with ntr-forwarder for wide screen patching but whenever I start the game the screen says:
okay
"If using a 3DS-mode forwarder, reinstall bootstrap.cia to use widescreen.

If using a DSI-mode forwarder then remake the forwarder."

I don't know how to do either of those lol can somebody help?

Edit: sorry i posted this in the wrong place oops
Exactly as it says.

A 3DS-mode forwarder would have used YANBF to generate the forwarder. A DSi-mode forwarder would have used NDSForwarder to generate the forwarder.

If you used YANBF, just update YANBF from Universal-Updater. If you used NDSForwarder, update NDSForwarder from Universal-Updater, then regenerate the forwarder.

Reactions: Pk11 and RocketRobz

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States

Tarmfot

Trophies
XP
Country
Montserrat
Is hiya version 1.4.0? If not, update it and it should make a dummy.bin and fix the issue.

https://github.com/RocketRobz/hiyaCFW/releases
Thanks for your help.

It was 1.3.3.
I copied hiya.dsi from last version but hiyacfw doesn't still start. It shows an error screen.

----------------------------------

Now it works! Thank you for your support!

Last edited by Tarmfot,

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I want to upgrade to a bigger SD Card (Currently using 8GB), do I just copy all the files on the root to a bigger card, slide into my DSi, and should be good to go?

JustMeDaFaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: haddad

Kitel_

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Heyy, so I've order a dsi intending to play games off my SD card with TWiLight, but i've heard the ds saves are stored on the cardrige. Are there any problems with playing the game of roms? Also sorry if this is a stupid/already asked question, but i just wanna make sure.
btw: can you play dsi were games, like flipnote studio, if you have the rom?

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heyy, so I've order a dsi intending to play games off my SD card with TWiLight, but i've heard the ds saves are stored on the cardrige. Are there any problems with playing the game of roms? Also sorry if this is a stupid/already asked question, but i just wanna make sure.
btw: can you play dsi were games, like flipnote studio, if you have the rom?
TWiLight redirects the save to the SD card, so a cartridge isn't a dependency (aside from getting the ROM off it).

DSiWare can be played off TWiLight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.