Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Dragon Quest IX is supposed to work but it is not working for me. Tried with the raw .nds and got a white screen, then tried the ap-patched .nds (did it with "DS Scene rom Tool") and got a double white screen, which then turned into a double black one with the bottom screen swapping between black and white.
I would appreciate so much any kind of help ^^
Yep something is wrong your end as DQIX plays perfectly for me.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does DSiMenu++ typically take 30 seconds to start, or is something screwy with my configuration? I've timed it a few times and it averages out to about 30 seconds of white screen before booting into my list of games every time. I'm on an N3DS and I've followed the instructions given in the main thread.

I did come from TWLoader - could there be some sort of straggler that I didn't delete that's causing the hangup? I don't recall TWLoader taking this long to start up.
It takes like 10 seconds of white screen for me, but 3-4 seconds of white screen (on 3DS) when returning from a DS game by holding L+R+DOWN+B for 2 seconds.

MisterSteak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It takes like 10 seconds of white screen for me, but 3-4 seconds of white screen (on 3DS) when returning from a DS game by holding L+R+DOWN+B for 2 seconds.

Gotcha, thanks. The wait doesn't kill me or anything, I just wanted to make sure it was par for the course and not something I was messing up.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does DSiMenu++ typically take 30 seconds to start, or is something screwy with my configuration? I've timed it a few times and it averages out to about 30 seconds of white screen before booting into my list of games every time. I'm on an N3DS and I've followed the instructions given in the main thread.

I did come from TWLoader - could there be some sort of straggler that I didn't delete that's causing the hangup? I don't recall TWLoader taking this long to start up.
I think it depends on how many roms you have. On 1 sd card i have 178 games and it takes about 30 seconds on my other sd card with 15 games it takes about 10 seconds to load.

Reactions: MisterSteak

Guest9987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the "Games and Apps Settings" work with Slot-1 Flashcarts (Ex: R4i Gold 3DS Plus)? With "Slot-1 Launch Method", I read that it can use the CPU speed but doesn't say anything about Sound Frequency/Sound Fix/VRAM Boost/etc; Should I assume flashcarts can take advantage of these features? Or Just CPU Speed? I ask because I tried to look but all the same is said. Thank you in advance.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the "Games and Apps Settings" work with Slot-1 Flashcarts (Ex: R4i Gold 3DS Plus)? With "Slot-1 Launch Method", I read that it can use the CPU speed but doesn't say anything about Sound Frequency/Sound Fix/VRAM Boost/etc; Should I assume flashcarts can take advantage of these features? Or Just CPU Speed? I ask because I tried to look but all the same is said. Thank you in advance.
If "Slot-1 Launch Method" is set to "Direct" and not "Reboot", then the Sound Frequency, Sound Fix, and CPU speed will be used.
In the next DSiMenu++ version (not sure if the current version does it), VRAM boost will be usable for Slot-1 cards.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: Guest9987

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Little update: clean ROMs of Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver (U) can bypass that infamous black screen at the beginning on DSiMenu++ (6.0.0), but other effects of the AP program will still take action. If you don't know if your ROM is AP patched or not or if you is having trouble patching your own ROM, it may take a while to know, its random when something will happen, but here's some tips to sot clean HG/SS ROMs:
-Random crashes;
-random softlocks (npc starts a conversation that never begins, endless poké ball spinning animation on battles, black screen after wild battle transition);
-black void on some areas of the map.
-glitched graphics;

The fastest way to know, is playing until Violet City. Walk around Violet City, in and out, if a black void appears, then you need to patch the ROM. Going inside a house of entering a menu after seeing a black void will result in a softlock.

waffletower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instructions (No flashcard, 3DS/2DS users)

4. Install all 2 CIAs in the "cia" folder.
NOTE: If you're using EmuNAND, then install them to SysNAND as well.
Haven't touched my homebrew in a good while. Didn't there used to be a button in BigBlueMenu where you could install to sysNAND even from emuNAND? I installed to emuNAND fine with FBI but I keep getting an error when I launch Pasta and try to install to sysNAND.

Edit: I got some advice and a reminder about the BigBlueBox on my sysNAND so I was able to install the .cia files. No luck, though. Seems DSiMenu++ still crashes with an error for me after the Nintendo DS splash screen.

Last edited by waffletower,

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What I did was replace the current release nds-bootstrap with v0.10.2 to play multiplayer games, 'do it won't work with Flipnotehax anymore, and some games won't work. It'll at least fix the crashes that happens when trying to use multiplayer in some games.

Don't know if it's the best way to do it, but it's the only one I could come up with... Guess we'll have to wait 'till an update fixes the multiplayer problem.
I tried your method but this does not fix the problem.
Ds Download Play still gives an error when u try to play w someone who does not own the same game.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No help me... 2 times and ingnore me... no more post here
Are you just looking to play Neo-Geo games?

Sorry, but homebrew compatibility is low on our priority list, so if you want to keep using NeoDS, then either use TWLoader with an old nds-bootstrap version, or a flashcard.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

ChipJockey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sorry, but homebrew compatibility is low on our priority list, so if you want to keep using using NeoDS, then either use TWLoader with an old nds-bootstrap version, or a flashcard.
Oh... I just stumbled upon this and I wanted to ask about one homebrew demo title - "bob's game". I wanted to research this game a bit, because of the... interesting story surrounding it, but it couldn't work, it was hanging on a black screen. Not only that but after resetting, it hung up the whole DSiMenu++ on a Loading screen. (You had to delete that game to make it load menu again.)
I wanted to ask about any solution for loading that title (excluding flashcards and emulators), but I got ya. Thank you for the answer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +1