DS Homebrew?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Fatboy12345236, Jun 16, 2009.

Jun 16, 2009

DS Homebrew? by Fatboy12345236 at 11:19 AM (795 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Fatboy12345236
    OP

Member Fatboy12345236 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I don't know if anyone feels like this but I have a question now I know that DS using sprites not polygons im not blaming anyone but I find that ds homebrew lacks a reasonable/good GUI I mean lets take Lameboy It is very good at doing the emulating but I dont think I want to have to be to stiring at this black screen I also know that DS CAN produce 3D but PALib cannot render true 3D graphics. I admit that consoles like wii use 3D but I can at least bear to look at the background. I can tell the wii is not using 3/4 of its RAM to produce maybe I would just like to see some colorful and scrolling backgrounds

What is the reason for DS's lack of background?

2. Sarvesh50

Member Sarvesh50 Aye!

Netherlands
    ds is less power

3. Blake1710

Member Blake1710 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Developers probably aren't too concerned with the GUI when they make an emulator.

it's only there for selecting the rom, changing the settings and that's it.

4. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    And besides, if you used to have a gameboy color, did you complain about what's under it?
    Wow this part is stupid, never mind. Real post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's probably because the developers are more concerned about making the actual program than making it look good. If it looks good, but doesn't work, what's the point? Plus, there's no need for a fancy background. It only the bottom screen, you don't even need to look at it much.

5. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    yes, this is really true, let me tell u something from real life experiences:

This happen to my friend, so anyway first of, let me ask u a question first

If u have a game with an really fancy GUI but with really sucky gameplay VS a game with not that awesome GUI but with decent game play,

which would be better? If its me or any of my lectureres/teachers, they would choose the 2nd choice, since bad graphics can be fixed by artists, what developers/programmers are more concerned of is that this thing works, its is bug-free, they are not that concerned with a fancy GUI.

So, make a guess at which of us would score more? Again the 2nd option would, and because of the same reason.

This is a true thing, most of the time, developers just wish to get that thing to work, they are not that concerned with how fancy or how kickass that GUI look, as long as it is decent, it will do...
    That was the reason why during assignment my classmate had a lower score than my team

6. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    A lot of developers out there don't care about the fancy fonts, and the nice backgrounds and colours, i mean you are getting all your homebrew for free aren't you ?

Lameboy is great, and to be honest im fine with the fact that it looks simple, i actually prefer it.

7. sadak5

Member sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    First thing. A real life experiance from a developer: We are developers, no designers.

A real life proggramer knows the GUI or front end are not designed by the programmer, but instead there are true designers (even for a game, that's why are designers for).

As a teacher said in my school: Programmers work with the insides of the sistem, the GUI are just fancy things who doesn't show the programmer hability