Ds homebrew internet browser with download?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by antidrag, Apr 22, 2009.

Apr 22, 2009
  1. antidrag
    OP

Newcomer antidrag Newbie

United States
    Is there a ds homebrew internet browser with the ability to download files from the internet and save them to the disk? It seems possible since Dsorganize can download from their homebrew database. I looked for the the browsers in dslinux and mac but got nothing, so i did my reasearch. [​IMG] Also I heard somewhere that one of the browsers could save images, is that true?

2. ShadowEO

Member ShadowEO GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I haven't heard of one that can download images but DSOrganize can download files through it's internet browser. You must create a folder for the downloads and set the downloads folder in configuration though.

3. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    u forgot bunjalloo

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    DSOrganize, Bunjalloo, and the Retawq and Links browsers in DSLinux (slot-2 RAM required) can download files from the net. Of these, Bunjalloo and the DSLinux browsers can unzip the downloaded files, while I believe only DSLinux can save individual images on the page to your card (special setting in Links to turn images into an [ IMG ] marker you can highlight and click on to download). DSLinux also has a basic image viewer (fbview which is built-in though I'd suggest getting the updated version from the forums) that you can use to view the images you just downloaded if you don't want to reboot to Moonshell to see them.

I'd try Bunjalloo first since it's easier to configure and use than DSLinux, but keep DSLinux as an option if you have slot-2 RAM it can use.

5. Martiin

Member Martiin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Homebrew developers can do all this an yet Nintendo fails to do any of these
    -with their DSi, i think they could have made the graphics MUCH BETTER with the technology we have now

but i guess for now this is what we get..

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Where on the original DS/DSLite would you store the images and files you downloaded? Homebrew web browsers offer the feature because homebrew devices have a place to store downloads; stock DS units do not, so it would be pointless to add the feature to the Opera browser.

As for the DSi, now that's a different story, so I can't comment on that.

7. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    the dsi has external storage. if the opera browser updates to support downloads then...no problem at al;?
    or does the dsi support downloading via opera browser?

8. OneMichael

Newcomer OneMichael Advanced Member

Canada
    Also, anything that works with the DSi should work with the other two iterations. If you want more power, you'll have to wait a couple more years for the next generation.

9. curenei

Newcomer curenei Member

Philippines
    pls help me?can you give me a link of ds organize with internet browser that will work for my r4?

10. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    It's probably more to do with security on Nintendo's side; not because they're incapable of developing a browser that can download files.