Homebrew Ds homebrew internet browser with download?

antidrag

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a ds homebrew internet browser with the ability to download files from the internet and save them to the disk? It seems possible since Dsorganize can download from their homebrew database. I looked for the the browsers in dslinux and mac but got nothing, so i did my reasearch.
laugh.gif
Also I heard somewhere that one of the browsers could save images, is that true?

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't heard of one that can download images but DSOrganize can download files through it's internet browser. You must create a folder for the downloads and set the downloads folder in configuration though.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSOrganize, Bunjalloo, and the Retawq and Links browsers in DSLinux (slot-2 RAM required) can download files from the net. Of these, Bunjalloo and the DSLinux browsers can unzip the downloaded files, while I believe only DSLinux can save individual images on the page to your card (special setting in Links to turn images into an [ IMG ] marker you can highlight and click on to download). DSLinux also has a basic image viewer (fbview which is built-in though I'd suggest getting the updated version from the forums) that you can use to view the images you just downloaded if you don't want to reboot to Moonshell to see them.

I'd try Bunjalloo first since it's easier to configure and use than DSLinux, but keep DSLinux as an option if you have slot-2 RAM it can use.

Martiin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew developers can do all this an yet Nintendo fails to do any of these
-with their DSi, i think they could have made the graphics MUCH BETTER with the technology we have now

but i guess for now this is what we get..

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where on the original DS/DSLite would you store the images and files you downloaded? Homebrew web browsers offer the feature because homebrew devices have a place to store downloads; stock DS units do not, so it would be pointless to add the feature to the Opera browser.

As for the DSi, now that's a different story, so I can't comment on that.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
the dsi has external storage. if the opera browser updates to support downloads then...no problem at al;?
or does the dsi support downloading via opera browser?

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Martiin said:
Homebrew developers can do all this an yet Nintendo fails to do any of these
-with their DSi, i think they could have made the graphics MUCH BETTER with the technology we have now

but i guess for now this is what we get..
It's probably more to do with security on Nintendo's side; not because they're incapable of developing a browser that can download files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.