darkzero7222

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone,

I recently got around to unbanning my 3ds by changing my local friend seed and it worked. However since then the DS side of my 3DS isn't working. I've tried multiple games, tested them on my friends console and cleaned them but still doesn't work. Both the games and the DS WiFi function menus just go to black screen even though the 3ds is on.

After looking around alot I decided to try and to a full system reformat and delete everything off my memory card in hopes to get rid of all the custom firmware but I can see that Luma is still there when I hold select on boot up.

Any advice? Thanks!

darkzero7222

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I'm sure the guide would have worked,problem is I did a full system reset before coming to this forum and I've lost the ability to install cias and stuff. Trying to rehack my 3ds has been unsuccessful due to being on the newest firmware and guides for those says i need a pre hacked 3ds which i don't have. Like I said I'm still able to boot into Luma but I'm not able to get into the Homebrew menu. Any way to restore things from Luma?

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm sure the guide would have worked,problem is I did a full system reset before coming to this forum and I've lost the ability to install cias and stuff. Trying to rehack my 3ds has been unsuccessful due to being on the newest firmware and guides for those says i need a pre hacked 3ds which i don't have. Like I said I'm still able to boot into Luma but I'm not able to get into the Homebrew menu. Any way to restore things from Luma?
https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup use this step upto Section 3 to get HB Menu launcher, FBI launched and install the CIA Version, just ignore Section II"Updating the System" as your allready on 11.5 this will work if you really do have access to luma as you say. and if your on atleast 8.0 doing the button combo it tells you , you'll see a menu show up on the bottom screen.

darkzero7222

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been going through this same guide and I had to skip the Soundhax part since it wouldn't play the mp4 file. I kept going all the way up to where I have to get into the Download Play app and press L, Down, and Select and nothing is happening

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been going through this same guide and I had to skip the Soundhax part since it wouldn't play the mp4 file. I kept going all the way up to where I have to get into the Download Play app and press L, Down, and Select and nothing is happening
when you hold select at power on, do you see "Luma 7.1" ? is whats on your SD "a9loaderhax.bin" or is it "boot.firm" ? if you still have A9LH i suggest you follow the A9LH to B9S Guide if you see boot.firm and no A9Loaderhax.bin you may need to update your B9S install to 1.2/1.3 and to latest luma release

darkzero7222

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems like I'm running Luma v6.6. On my SD card I have "boot.firm". I'm going to look into updating my Luma and then upgrading to B9S guide. Thanks for the advice really appreciate it

Attachments

• 20170906_225157.jpg
    20170906_225157.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 348

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6.6? that suggest at-least you had at one point Luma Updater installed and used at one point after Luma droped A9LH support. but yea the A9LH to B9S guide should set you backup to where you were with full working CFW. though after doing that, follow that step i linked earlier so you can get a working FBI installed.

Reactions: SonicMC

darkzero7222

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sucess!!! Following the guide to upgrade to B9S let me finish hacking my 3ds which in turned made the DS functionality come back!!!! Thank you very much everyone for the fantastic help!!!!

Reactions: Quantumcat

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I thought this would work for me since I've done this in the past for another person's 3DS. I installed all 5 of the cia files from the troublesooting guide for TWL and I turned off my system after. DS games still white screen, even SM64DS. My settings are as default as can be, and I'm forcing a donor rom for MKDS. Im clueless at this point about what I can do to get anythign running under nds bootstrap.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I thought this would work for me since I've done this in the past for another person's 3DS. I installed all 5 of the cia files from the troublesooting guide for TWL and I turned off my system after. DS games still white screen, even SM64DS. My settings are as default as can be, and I'm forcing a donor rom for MKDS. Im clueless at this point about what I can do to get anythign running under nds bootstrap.
hmmm. is this only w/ TWL_Loader/NDS-Bootstrap or is this affecting DSCards? the Op had a full Bork of DS Functionality. for you i havent looked thru the 100+ pages in both topics, i belive only the US untrimmed unpatched MKDS Rom works as a donor. if you think its just your MKDS Rom, hunt down Elves Bowling that was made working Well before the whole Donor Rom setting was added in. if that boots, just bad rom

as well try uninstalling both twlside CIA's for twloader, twloader itself and the entire _nds folder then Recopy from latest stable release and reinstall. if you have a username over at "That" iso site, i'd link you over there, a known working source'd copy of MKDS.
as well what has been the history of your troublemaker 3DS? Downgrade sin past? old methods? Previous brickings? Gatewait Err, Brickway ERRRRR i mean to say gateway Downgrade? any anomoly could help me or anyone else stumbling in here to help diagnose and fix your problem. as well is your SD Card formatted to FAT32 w/ a 32kb cluster size?

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm. is this only w/ TWL_Loader/NDS-Bootstrap or is this affecting DSCards? the Op had a full Bork of DS Functionality. for you i havent looked thru the 100+ pages in both topics, i belive only the US untrimmed unpatched MKDS Rom works as a donor. if you think its just your MKDS Rom, hunt down Elves Bowling that was made working Well before the whole Donor Rom setting was added in. if that boots, just bad rom

as well try uninstalling both twlside CIA's for twloader, twloader itself and the entire _nds folder then Recopy from latest stable release and reinstall. if you have a username over at "That" iso site, i'd link you over there, a known working source'd copy of MKDS.
as well what has been the history of your troublemaker 3DS? Downgrade sin past? old methods? Previous brickings? Gatewait Err, Brickway ERRRRR i mean to say gateway Downgrade? any anomoly could help me or anyone else stumbling in here to help diagnose and fix your problem. as well is your SD Card formatted to FAT32 w/ a 32kb cluster size?
Hmm I appreciate the response, I didn't think anyone would be able to help haha
My MKDS rom is clean and untouched. But I could try to use another. I even tried launching SM64 without a donor rom and nothing.

My 3DS is a New 3DS XL USA
Had Gateway in the past but never downgraded.
I installed A9LH when it first became possible and that involved downgrading to 2.1.
This is my first time using TWLoader after many months and I had it uninstalled since then. Last night was a completely fresh install of TWloader.
I formatted my SD card using EmuNAND9 back then and its still formatted by that today.

Twloader is a son of a bit, first it crashes while used on 8.1.1. Now it white screens. I wonder if its really worth it :c

Kotkotenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I'm having the same issue. Already tried the troubleshooting guide of installing the cia files. I didnt do the hacking myself so I really dont understand what triggered the non functionality of DS on my 3DS. Which I had been playing and yesterday I noticed that wireless ds conexion menu was giving me black screen, and today with all ds cards the same black screen.

I already updated FBI to 2.4.12 thinking this would help, but no. I go to FBI, go to cia folder, select <current directory> choose Install and delete all cia files and it doesn't delete them, but it does shows the installing. I go to the ds game and again black screen. I tried powering off the 3DS after installing powering on and ntering the DS game and still black screen.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I appreciate the response, I didn't think anyone would be able to help haha
My MKDS rom is clean and untouched. But I could try to use another. I even tried launching SM64 without a donor rom and nothing.

My 3DS is a New 3DS XL USA
Had Gateway in the past but never downgraded.
I installed A9LH when it first became possible and that involved downgrading to 2.1.
This is my first time using TWLoader after many months and I had it uninstalled since then. Last night was a completely fresh install of TWloader.
I formatted my SD card using EmuNAND9 back then and its still formatted by that today.

Twloader is a son of a bit, first it crashes while used on 8.1.1. Now it white screens. I wonder if its really worth it :c
Try formatting your SD card to FAT32 with 32kb cluster/allocation size.
Also, SM64DS does not need a donor ROM.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kotkotenshi @Robz8
I figured out why my DS roms won't load. My SD card itself is becoming worn out, it was a faulty card to begin with since it only lasted 1.5 years instead of about 5. Lesson learned, always buy Sandisk or Samsung, and always get it from Amazon.

Not even GBA games will work it seems. They just result in an exception error. Overall my SD card still can play my games and do things just fine. Im sure things will get worse with it over time though.

Last edited by MattKimura,
Reactions: RocketRobz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind