Hacking DS Fire Card

matethemouse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey. Have serious problem with a DS Fire Card I brought few days ago. I tried to search around the internet and on this page and this post sounds just like the situation i'm in.:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=57607

But I tried everything in the posts but when I put the 2 cards into the ds and connect the usb (ds still off) with the pc. Then I turn on the power for the ds and choose the "DS Fire Link" option in the menu screen the pc still can't find the new "USB storage" and also nothing pops up asking my installing a new hardware or anything else.
I tried to do the "install a new hardware " manually but the windows can't find a new hardware device. I tried to use a "normal" usb storage and the pc can find this perfectly so it can't be the usb port.
I also tried to use another usb cable (got the same úsb wire from a sony digital camera) so it can't be the cable either.

Can any1 help me.

EDIT:
Just found out something which may be the reason.
In the DS menu shuold I click on the GBA game pak (the bottom) or the DS gamepak (the upper) to enter the USB mode? I can only click the upper one (the lower is unavaiable). Shouldn't it be avaiable to choose the GBA mode because I have the lower game pak (with the USB cable connected) in the port

vince72996

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll show you the steps:
First insert your DS Fire card in slot-1. Next insert the DS Fire Link with the USB cable in slot 2 and plug it to your computer. Now turn on your DS. The GBA (slot 2) should say there is a a DS option pak inserted. Tap DS fire link (slot 1) There should be 2 options on the screen: USB mode and Menu. Tap USB mode. Now the computer should recognize the DS Fire Card. You should be able to put in games etc.

P.s Hope this helped cause i have a DS Fire Card.
biggrin.gif

matethemouse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry didn't work. When I choose the DS pak (which normally get's you to the icebear screen) I don't get the option between usb and menu. It looks like the GBA pak (the DS writer in port 2) just doesn't work. I think I just get the sellers to send me a new one.

rics11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, im sure you have a faulty usb lead. there has been a faulty batch from china. you can pick them u cheap enough.

Omgwtfisthat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you see 'USB mode' at all when you start up the slot-1 device (with the slot-2 linker inserted of course)? If not, then it is not the lead that is the problem but the slot-2 linker it self. Because you can (well I can) still see the USB Mode button with just the slot-2 device plugged in but not the lead. When you go to the DS menu you should see the Game pak as a DS option pak or something.

BTW I have N-card, but it's the same damn thing so yeah!

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey. Have serious problem with a DS Fire Card I brought few days ago. I tried to search around the internet and on this page and this post sounds just like the situation i'm in.:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=57607

But I tried everything in the posts but when I put the 2 cards into the ds and connect the usb (ds still off) with the pc. Then I turn on the power for the ds and choose the "DS Fire Link" option in the menu screen the pc still can't find the new "USB storage" and also nothing pops up asking my installing a new hardware or anything else.
I tried to do the "install a new hardware " manually but the windows can't find a new hardware device. I tried to use a "normal" usb storage and the pc can find this perfectly so it can't be the usb port.
I also tried to use another usb cable (got the same úsb wire from a sony digital camera) so it can't be the cable either.

Can any1 help me.

EDIT:
Just found out something which may be the reason.
In the DS menu shuold I click on the GBA game pak (the bottom) or the DS gamepak (the upper) to enter the USB mode? I can only click the upper one (the lower is unavaiable). Shouldn't it be avaiable to choose the GBA mode because I have the lower game pak (with the USB cable connected) in the port
Um, the slot-2 is just a linker, it is not used for playing GBA games. Therefore, it has no option to use it in the GBA option screen, all it does is link your fire card to your comp. Put the slot-2 linker in your DS, along with the firecard in the slot-1/ Then, click on the upper, DS gamepack option. Then, if you've connected your DS to the computer via the cable that connects to the slot-2 linker, it should show either USB mode or regular menu mode. choose the USB mode, then the firecard should appear on your computer.

matethemouse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
got a new one now. I worked perfectly. Does any1 know how to install the moonshell or where I can find it?
Is it possible to play GBA games (or other older games like SNES games) with Firelink only?

hallpaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello... i've got a similar problem here. I know how to put games in the N-card and i've done that lots of time. But this week, when i plugged de usb linker and did what i have to do (select slot 1, usb mode option etc) still the pc can't find the fire link. When i tap "usb mode" option, on the DS top screen looks like there wasn't any problem but my PC doesn't show the "removable unit" as before. The homebrews to use DS as a mouse or gamepad don't function too. On DS Screen everything looks normal as if it was doing well. But my PC don't recognize the DS either as mouse or gamepad. I tried it in 3 diferents PCs with 3 diferents usb cables.

I hope someone can help me
frown.gif
. Thanks anyway and sorry for some mistakes in my english.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey