DS emulator network theory

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by iSubaru, Feb 12, 2012.

Feb 12, 2012

DS emulator network theory by iSubaru at 12:19 AM (672 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. iSubaru
    OP

Member iSubaru Kitsune

Poland
    Hello there

I was wondering with friend about this thing
    We do know that none emulator can emulate WFC stuff because of auto-kickban from Nintendo servers (they detect emulator)
    but
    Can any of emulator do such thing as go through network to certain IP adress for look up of custom server? (Homebrew of course)
    Because we would like in CoG make it possible for emulator guys to still be able to play with custom server set-up

Thank You in advance and have a nice day

iSubaru

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    You can write a custom server no problemo, the problems start when you want it to interact with WFC players. You're better off making multiplayer TCP/IP based and just writing a master server program yourself.

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    was the wifi encryption ever cracked? how would anyone know that nintendo has an "auto-kick" for homebrew?

ds doom uses the prboom server for communication. there was a ds tank game offered in the homebrew bounty that used a custom server for wifi play. i'm sure there are a few more as well.

-another world

4. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    What about DeSmuME?

5. iSubaru
    OP

Member iSubaru Kitsune

Poland
    Thank You all for responds

Foxi4 - nah I would probably go with standard TCP/IP as You say, maybe with addition of some "kind" of WFC to identify players who-is-who (nick entry?) but if that goes with emulators, I'm relieved

Another World - Desmume creators stands that on wiki that they did Wi-Fi connection for WFC stuff but they were kicked quickly by servers so they did fallback in code to not use it until they will find a way

Pingouin7 - I do hope too that it can still use the standard Wi-Fi at least...guess I will have to write quick server on another PC and then try it...I still have some piece of code I believe