OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Russia
It seems to me that there has been a stalling of DS emulation updates.

I do realize that just about all of the main emulators (SNEmuleDS, jenesisDS, etc.) are not the main projects of their respective founders, yet it seems that they have fallen completely by the wayside.
unsure.gif

I do so hate complaining, but this has bothered me for some time. Is DS emulation of the elder systems doomed to lay dormant for an indeterminate timeframe due to indifference by the crafters of the emulators? Or have these emulators reached their apex? Held back by hardware limitations?

At the US and EUR release of the DSi, will there be a resurgence of emulation, a Renaissance, if you will? Due mainly to the DSi's improved specifications?

Is that what the emulators' creators are waiting for? Or will the emulators still be stuck in their current state due to indifference by their parents?

I thank you for giving me this chance to voice my concerns, I'm not trying to come off as an impatient malcontent, I merely worry for DS Emulation's future.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Slyde1052 said:
At the US and EUR release of the DSi, will there be a resurgence of emulation, a Renaissance, if you will? Due mainly to the DSi's improved specifications?
Not likely, as nobody has yet figured out a way to run code in DSi mode, so anything that runs on the DSi runs exactly as it would on a DS (unless it expects to utilise SLOT-2, of course). The DSi being released more widely might mean more people with the interest and ability get the chance to look at it, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte