OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It seems to me that there has been a stalling of DS emulation updates.

I do realize that just about all of the main emulators (SNEmuleDS, jenesisDS, etc.) are not the main projects of their respective founders, yet it seems that they have fallen completely by the wayside.
unsure.gif

I do so hate complaining, but this has bothered me for some time. Is DS emulation of the elder systems doomed to lay dormant for an indeterminate timeframe due to indifference by the crafters of the emulators? Or have these emulators reached their apex? Held back by hardware limitations?

At the US and EUR release of the DSi, will there be a resurgence of emulation, a Renaissance, if you will? Due mainly to the DSi's improved specifications?

Is that what the emulators' creators are waiting for? Or will the emulators still be stuck in their current state due to indifference by their parents?

I thank you for giving me this chance to voice my concerns, I'm not trying to come off as an impatient malcontent, I merely worry for DS Emulation's future.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Slyde1052 said:
At the US and EUR release of the DSi, will there be a resurgence of emulation, a Renaissance, if you will? Due mainly to the DSi's improved specifications?
Not likely, as nobody has yet figured out a way to run code in DSi mode, so anything that runs on the DSi runs exactly as it would on a DS (unless it expects to utilise SLOT-2, of course). The DSi being released more widely might mean more people with the interest and ability get the chance to look at it, though.

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    we are living in the future
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Yeah cheese is a thing now
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    ok if sony, xbox or nintendo arent going to e3 then
    who the fuck is going???
    are they just gonna have like a blank stage or something
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Indie devs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Instead of the "big three", you'll have the "little million".
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It will be two minutes per show.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Instead of Sony holding a two hour conference, there will be sixty small devs holding two minute conferences.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be a good chance for Soulja Boy to show off his new game system.. The SouljaGame console 3.0
  • Veho @ Veho:
    His next console: a Playdate ripoff called "Crank That".
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    FLORIDA MAN WHERE ARE YOU!?
  • Flame @ Flame:
    save me !!!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    WAKE ME UP
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    can't wake up
  • Flame @ Flame:
    before you you go go?
    +1
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    I'm blue ama dee da ba die
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wake me up when it's all over.
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    september ended a few months back
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Do you remember. The 21st night of September?
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Love was changin' the minds of pretenders. While chasin' the clouds away
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Remember remember.
    +1
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    Brother, what a night it really was
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Damn that was weird... I use AdBlock browser for Android and I found a web page that crashed it.... Literally just couldn't get out of it lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Damn that was weird... I use AdBlock browser for Android and I found a web page that crashed...