DS #DSi 0045: Sonic Classic Collection (Europe)

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I just finished getting every Chaos Emerald on every game as every character. So I figure I can delete this when Infinite Space arrives.

Rosales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on, I thought we all agreed this wasn't a DSi enhanced game? Why the hell is it still filed under DSi?

stormy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont work von Cyclo DS Evo with 1.58 BETA 2, white Screen!
smile.gif

greetz

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
from what i understand it has the insides of a DSi-enhanced game without any actual DSi-only features, making it hard to classify.
though it's a bit odd classifying the US release based on features, and the EU release based on header.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rosales said:
Hold on, I thought we all agreed this wasn't a DSi enhanced game? Why the hell is it still filed under DSi?

No, I guess it IS actually DSi enhanced. It's just that the case and instructions say nothing about it (at least the USA version didn't), like they actually tried to hide the fact for some reason. That caused the confusion.

Even though I know squat about programming, I'm guessing SCC uses the built-in extra memory of the DSi to emulate the games more efficiently. People who have the retail cart say it doesn't slow down or hiccup and stutter on a DSi like it does on a regular DS.

Also, there is a code printed on the cart that denotes it as DSi-enhanced cart. The first 3 letters denote the cart type. NTR is regular DS games, and TWL is DSi-enhanced. SCC's cart said TWL...so DSi-enhanced.

Hope that clears that up for you.

So what code does pure DSi games use? You know, like that Fatal Flaw game?

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The game is just poorly made! From Menus to the actual performance of the games on DS it`s just lazy...

I have nothing against emulating the games to capture the pure originality of the games but if the hardware is not capable of emulating the games perfectly I think it is necessary to choose another way to bring the games to the DS-audience (for example a remake using the same sprites and backgrounds from the original games) or simply do`t do it at all.

The emulator itself seems to be even more improves but seriously nothing someone should want money for - I mean: Come on!!!

Not that you misunderstand me: The actual games are pretty awesome
yaywii.gif
(

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree that this is a pretty poor effort. The lack of effort is most noticable when in the Sky Sanctuary zone as Knuckles. Metal Sonic isn't on the screen when he appears in front of the robot, and he's also off-screen when he uses his 3 energy balls attack. Unlike in JenesisDS which does not have this issue. The credits also look awful in this. The only redeeming feature was S3+K, but now I've finished it, this will be deleted to make room for Infinite Space as oon as it's available, I'll stick to JenesisDS from now on.

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Rosales said:

No, I guess it IS actually DSi enhanced. It's just that the case and instructions say nothing about it (at least the USA version didn't), like they actually tried to hide the fact for some reason. That caused the confusion.

Even though I know squat about programming, I'm guessing SCC uses the built-in extra memory of the DSi to emulate the games more efficiently. People who have the retail cart say it doesn't slow down or hiccup and stutter on a DSi like it does on a regular DS.

Also, there is a code printed on the cart that denotes it as DSi-enhanced cart. The first 3 letters denote the cart type. NTR is regular DS games, and TWL is DSi-enhanced. SCC's cart said TWL...so DSi-enhanced.

Hope that clears that up for you.

So what code does pure DSi games use? You know, like that Fatal Flaw game?

Interesting
unsure.gif

So if coders put effort then they can have a 'dsi'mode for games? (not camera) So they could be used to decrease lag on more powerful nds games or even have better graphics for dsi users?( assuming that the cart has enough space)

All speculation of course!
gbasp.gif

Purdie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We did this shit TWO WEEKS AGO, people. You're all having the same discussion over the exact same thing and it's ridiculous.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Purdie said:
We did this shit TWO WEEKS AGO, people. You're all having the same discussion over the exact same thing and it's ridiculous.

Yeah but last week we had a gazillion posts about people crying because it didn't work on their cards and newbies looking for a fix.
I'm sure very somebody talked about the game itself too, it's just hard to find those kind of posts in the sea of " does it work on xx..etc.. ".
Now that we got that out of the way in the other tread, I learned more things about the game in this few posts then reading the first 10 -15 pages of the american release......
Interesting the DSi features, if that is really true, I can't wait for homebrew developers to take advantage of the extra cpu power and memory of the DSi to improve their current emulators and maybe create new ones !

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
one of the games in the AP series for r4 users to cry about
still waiting for a patch but if anyone really wants to play it, they'd better get the genesis/snes ones cuz as everyone says, its kinda slow
i think its more fun to play on the DS but if there is slower movement then it does not only not become fun but also does not become sonic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy