DS #DSi 0001: Mon Coach Personnel: Mes Recettes Plaisir et Ligne (Fran

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lughaidh said:
With the M3 Zero i's updateable boot data and kernel does that mean the the Zero could one day in a distant future
smileipb2.png
play DSi only/hybrid games?

@boudincaca Try your TTDSi and iTouch2 why not? You never know. (they probably won't work
frown.gif
)

You're right, I forgot I had them! ^^

Results:

Itouch2: Fail (Creating save file, then black screen).
TTDSi: Fail, (Load rom errcode=-4).

Note: After test, all my cards works perfectly fine and load other games without problems.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Chanser said:
First ever DSi release, take note it's not playable on flash carts yet, but works on emulator like the NFO says.

dwwhtk.jpg
Wow...Sorry for quoting this huge picture, but damn, this is getting passed-off as a screenshot nowadays?
Some Hi-res render of the interface with a professionally taken photograph shopped right in there?
Outrageous. That's downright false advertising if you ask me.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Vater Unser said:
Wow...Sorry for quoting this huge picture, but damn, this is getting passed-off as a screenshot nowadays?
Some Hi-res render of the interface with a professionally taken photograph shopped right in there?
Yeah, that's nowhere near the DS's resolution. Also, who the fuck decided this should be the first ever hybrid? At least develop a Mario game or something... And shouldn't the first hybrid be a Japanese game? That would make sense to me...

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Overlord Natie said:
Vater Unser said:
Yeah, that's nowhere near the DS's resolution. Also, who the fuck decided this should be the first ever hybrid? At least develop a Mario game or something... And shouldn't the first hybrid be a Japanese game? That would make sense to me...

Apart from that, she seems to have a problem lining up her face for the picture anyway....

eSquire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't decide if this is supposed to be an exciting release or not. I mean, it's the first DSi rom (albeit a hybrid), but it also looks to be shovelware.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Natie said:

Well, technically, it isn't much of a hybrid game. It just lets you use the camera, it seems, to use your face for the in-game chef. While it's the first DSi-Mode using retail game, there are much cheaper and better alternatives on DSiWare. I wouldn't expect DSi-exclusive games for a long time yet and I certainly don't see retail games with DSi-compatible features coming out for a few months yet. With any luck, games will start showing up with DSi-exclusive features by the end of the year in Japan. Good side, however, is that it's obvious that no other developer is interested in using the DSi's features for the sake of it. Ubisoft will increase the use of the DSi features over time, most likely to "enhance" their Imagine series. But that's Ubisoft - they're stupid like that. Proper use of the extra features will take a while, I reckon. I just wonder what kind of games will come out that basically need 16Mb of RAM to run.

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wintrale said:
Overlord Natie said:

Well, technically, it isn't much of a hybrid game. It just lets you use the camera, it seems, to use your face for the in-game chef. While it's the first DSi-Mode using retail game, there are much cheaper and better alternatives on DSiWare. I wouldn't expect DSi-exclusive games for a long time yet and I certainly don't see retail games with DSi-compatible features coming out for a few months yet. ...

What are you talking about?
This IS the first hybrid game, especially technically. It runs on DS and with using DSi features on DSi - what if not that would you call hybrid? The opposite is DSiWare, which is absolutely NOT hybrid cause it ONLY works on DSi.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I thought its called "DSi enhanced".... not hybrid. Since it can be enhanced by DSi features.

Well, there will be some DSi enhanced games coming out in Japan too.

But mostly, they are called "DSi enhanced" but the only enhancement we see is the camera usage, nothing much.

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, they're named "enhanced", but that doesn't change that it's kinda a hybrid card: it works on DS, but also on DSi with its features - if they are worth it or something like that is unimportant for the fact that technically it's a hybrid card.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it works on DS, it has no business being numbered DSi 0001. I certainly don't remember Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons being numbered as GBA games.

Personally, I feel it makes much more sense to label it DS #nnnn Game Title (Region) . See, is the same as or [C] for SGB and GBC games. It makes sense and is not stupid. A new numbering system for games that work just fine on the older hardware IS stupid.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Covarr said:
If it works on DS, it has no business being numbered DSi 0001. I certainly don't remember Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons being numbered as GBA games.

Personally, I feel it makes much more sense to label it DS #nnnn Game Title (Region) . See, is the same as or [C] for SGB and GBC games. It makes sense and is not stupid. A new numbering system for games that work just fine on the older hardware IS stupid.

Agreed. But unfortunately, that's to be decided by a higher force.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bunsy said:
Because Bahamut decides how GBATemp numbers the release list?
If you've ever played Final Fantasy games, you should know I wanted to make a nice little pun.
tongue.gif

Master Mo said:
QUOTE(bunsy @ Jun 28 2009, 06:46 PM) Because Bahamut decides how GBATemp numbers the release list?
No, I guess because they dumped the game...

But I am with funem here. There is no reason in labeling this 0001 if it is playable with any other DS.
You're right about that, there's no reason to do that.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antoligy said:
mrfatso said:
and now those guys who bought DSi flashcart will know, did i do the right thing or did i just wasted xxx amount of dollar?
OH WOW! BY NOT GETTING A DSI I'M MISSING OUT ON MY HEAD INSIDE A CHEF! WHY????

+1.

why would anyone want this?... WHY? WHY?, WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Overlord Natie said:
bunsy said:
Because Bahamut decides how GBATemp numbers the release list?
If you've ever played Final Fantasy games, you should know I wanted to make a nice little pun.
tongue.gif

Master Mo said:
QUOTE(bunsy @ Jun 28 2009, 06:46 PM) Because Bahamut decides how GBATemp numbers the release list?
No, I guess because they dumped the game...

But I am with funem here. There is no reason in labeling this 0001 if it is playable with any other DS.
You're right about that, there's no reason to do that.

Actually I never made that point in this thread, but, if I had actually made that point I would definately be agreeing with myself at this point
biggrin.gif

If this plays on existing systems then it should be numbererd with the rest of the DS releases, else it looks like it is a DSi only game, if it only played on a DSi then it should be a new series of numbers.

What numbering is this one going to get ?

958799_122184_front.jpg

lecture.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
funem said:
Actually I never made that point in this thread, but, if I had actually made that point I would definately be agreeing with myself at this point
biggrin.gif

If this plays on existing systems then it should be numbererd with the rest of the DS releases, else it looks like it is a DSi only game, if it only played on a DSi then it should be a new series of numbers.
lecture.gif
Oh sorry, I mistook you for someone in this thread, who said something about GB and GBcolor games in reference to ds and dsi...

But I guess it won`t be changes so we have to live with this nonsense
tongue.gif

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Covarr said:

Well, I agree with you about the numbering system, however the thing with the Oracle Zelda game sis different, they were just checking if they are played on a GBA, they didn't do anything that required GBA hardware except the one few bits that identiefied the GBA as GBA instead of GBC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative