Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Master Mo said:
funem said:
Actually I never made that point in this thread, but, if I had actually made that point I would definately be agreeing with myself at this point
biggrin.gif

If this plays on existing systems then it should be numbererd with the rest of the DS releases, else it looks like it is a DSi only game, if it only played on a DSi then it should be a new series of numbers.
lecture.gif
Oh sorry, I mistook you for someone in this thread, who said something about GB and GBcolor games in reference to ds and dsi...

But I guess it won`t be changes so we have to live with this nonsense
tongue.gif

No, that was me.

QUOTE(ilovengage @ Jun 28 2009, 11:13 AM)
Well, I agree with you about the numbering system, however the thing with the Oracle Zelda game sis different, they were just checking if they are played on a GBA, they didn't do anything that required GBA hardware except the one few bits that identiefied the GBA as GBA instead of GBC.
Okay, in which case, think of Space Invaders. It had special features that required the Super Game Boy (not just borders, but actually used SNES processor for some game modes). Yet that was labeled as an ordinary GB release, with a attached.

psykopat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok guys... you really seems to like numbers hum?
gbatemp or any other website doesn't force you to number your roms. You want to sort them, so do what you want on your HDD put please stop to cry here...

For my part, I defend the new DSi list for many reasons: this new rom (and maybe others very soon) got a serial which starts with "TWL", the DSi console code, and no more the famous "NTR". New console code means new list for me.

Also, i want you to remember the huge amounts of GBC roms pred by the scene years ago. They were tagged "_GBC_" and were listed into gbc lists even if they worked on our loved big black and white Nintendo GAME BOY. Not only GBC exclusive were listed in.

Do what you want. Make a two archives on your hdd with different numbers if you are really traumatized by numbers... Try to sleep well tonight
unsure.gif

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
psykopat said:
For my part, I defend the new DSi list for many reasons: this new rom (and maybe others very soon) got a serial which starts with "TWL", the DSi console code, and no more the famous "NTR". New console code means new list for me.

Actually to confuse matters the TWL serial number is only what is printed on the cart, the actual serial number of the ROM according to Triforce is NTR-VCKF-FRA so technically that would make it fall in line with the current DS numbering.....

Nothing in life is simple...

QUOTE(psykopat @ Jun 28 2009, 08:24 PM) ok guys... you really seems to like numbers hum?
gbatemp or any other website doesn't force you to number your roms. You want to sort them, so do what you want on your HDD put please stop to cry here....

Also software for keeping ROMS ordered on your PC ( Offline etc ) use lists determined by scene numbering because of this most people use these to number and order their roms, so no-one is crying about anything they are expressing an opinion.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to take a different tact on DSi-enhanced games. I'm only going to bother getting the ones that aren't shovelware as opposed to collecting them all like I do with regular DS games. This game will be skipped, for example.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Chanser said:
No such thing called scene numbering.

I was just simplifying it down the numbering is taken from the scene release dates, "they" don't have numbering as such, numbering for the most part is done by sites such as this and DS-Scene and the like, but its still an ( unofficial ) numbering system, which rom organiser software follows.

psykopat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
funem said:
Actually to confuse matters the TWL serial number is only what is printed on the cart, the actual serial number of the ROM according to Triforce is NTR-VCKF-FRA so technically that would make it fall in line with the current DS numbering.....

There is no trace of a machine code is a rom (or iso). Nintendo use the same scheme for nds, wii ect...
If you open the backup into an hexa editor, you will find the game serial (CVKF) but not the machine code.
Header tools like NDSheader, ndsts ect.. auto generate it before giving infos on the dump i think.
and triforce edited his article about this lol

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
psykopat said:
funem said:

There is no trace of a machine code is a rom (or iso). Nintendo use the same scheme for nds, wii ect...
If you open the backup into an hexa editor, you will find the game serial (CVKF) but not the machine code.
Header tools like NDSheader, ndsts ect.. auto generate it before giving infos on the dump i think.
and triforce edited his article about this lol

Yeh didnt see his update, just read it... thx

George290506

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I didn't understand if somebody has confirmed it but this rom can be played in DS mode with a Supercard DS One or a Supercard DS Onei with all the patches setted to off (depite these, save is done at every start of Supercard).
Even if you put it in a DSi, DSi mode cannot be used but it is played like a normal DS game (at least it didn't ask me anything about camera etc.).
So, I think the problem is the unexistence of DSi mode in the flashcarts and a new firmware (or a patch) is what they need.

MicroChip123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
George290506 said:
I didn't understand if somebody has confirmed it but this rom can be played in DS mode with a Supercard DS One or a Supercard DS Onei with all the patches setted to off (depite these, save is done at every start of Supercard).
Even if you put it in a DSi, DSi mode cannot be used but it is played like a normal DS game (at least it didn't ask me anything about camera etc.).
So, I think the problem is the unexistence of DSi mode in the flashcarts and a new firmware (or a patch) is what they need.
It can be played on a Supercard DS Onei with all patches turned off.
yaynds.gif

I cant try any of the DSi features as I don't know any French.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
ok guys... you really seems to like numbers hum?
gbatemp or any other website doesn't force you to number your roms. You want to sort them, so do what you want on your HDD put please stop to cry here...

Not to go too drastically off topic, but who keeps the numbers of the ROMs on their carts?

Am I just some kind of OCD/Monk-esque character who has to have my roms not only named with just their games, but also alphabetized?

Christopher8827

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow... Nintendo must be really angry someone cracked their encryption so fast. They really need to do something against pirates that now that DSi mode is unlocked.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
George290506 said:
Same on EZFLASH 5 v1 and v2. We can run this game in clean mode with a eeprom 512kb for the save size. Of course in DS mode.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol