DS Download Play via Hamachi/ZeroTier?

billylmao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been looking at how to use Download Play via the internet, and stumbled across a thread discussing it back in 2016 (which unfortunately doesn't have any solutions - can't link it due to being a new member)

DS Download Play must use something like Bluetooth to communicate with devices, but I didn't know if there was any kind of modification that can be used to route local communication through a private network, such as Hamachi or ZeroTier?

eternal_v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been looking at how to use Download Play via the internet, and stumbled across a thread discussing it back in 2016 (which unfortunately doesn't have any solutions - can't link it due to being a new member)

DS Download Play must use something like Bluetooth to communicate with devices, but I didn't know if there was any kind of modification that can be used to route local communication through a private network, such as Hamachi or ZeroTier?
Also wanted to do that same thing, Download Play sets up a local server when it’s the host and that’s why it doesn’t let you access the wifi then.

billylmao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also wanted to do that same thing, Download Play sets up a local server when it’s the host and that’s why it doesn’t let you access the wifi then.
Ahh okay, I didn't know that! Surely that must be compatible with Hamachi and whatnot then, surely? It's just a case of having a modification that can allow that bridge to be made

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Surely that must be compatible with Hamachi and whatnot then, surely?
I hope you're not thinking that, in the eighteen years the DS has been on the market, the only reason no one's done that is a lack of inspiration.

I believe the major roadblock is that the Internet simply has too much latency compared to a local connection.

eternal_v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh okay, I didn't know that! Surely that must be compatible with Hamachi and whatnot then, surely? It's just a case of having a modification that can allow that bridge to be made
Not really, It’s like making a wireless hotspot, so it isn’t setting the server on the network, it is setting it locally. If you can get Hamachi to detect it, then it should work.

Reactions: billylmao

mdlmemorybank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes me wonder if someone could make it work using the 3ds as overhead and do background stuff like reroute the signal , have the other person scan a generated qr code to make the connect to the host 3ds, it would probably be very slow , insecure and probably very hard to make work, But it would be very cool

eternal_v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes me wonder if someone could make it work using the 3ds as overhead and do background stuff like reroute the signal , have the other person scan a generated qr code to make the connect to the host 3ds, it would probably be very slow , insecure and probably very hard to make work, But it would be very cool
My idea was to make it go over a server and a second pc broadcasts it using a usb wifi adapter

Nintendie

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you had any progress? I would love to be involved with figuring this out. The other day I was playing the new super mario bros 1v1 minigame with my sister and thought about how fun it would be to play from home since we don’t live together. My discord is cbrs765#4528 -message me
My idea was to make it go over a server and a second pc broadcasts it using a usb wifi adapter
Post automatically merged:

It would be great to start a discord server about this. My discord is cbrs765#4528

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would be great to start a discord server about this.

Why would it be great to start a discord server when people can just, y'know, post on a publicly-available forum that everyone can read? Especially when no one knows anything about how to do this!?

I believe the major roadblock is that the Internet simply has too much latency compared to a local connection.

Reactions: lone_wolf323

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...