DS download play not working?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Ravenius, Mar 31, 2011.

Mar 31, 2011

DS download play not working? by Ravenius at 10:14 PM (4,423 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Ravenius
    OP

Newcomer Ravenius Advanced Member

Finland
    Hi,

I tried out my old DSi with a legit Zelda Phantom Hourglass cartridge in it.

Now, this game has a "single-card" download play option, so I figured I could play it with a friend, me using my new 3DS.
    I can see the game in the 3DS's download play menu just fine. When I try to connect, however, it gives me a "communication error".

What's up with this? I had the same problem with other games I ran through a flash card. I also tried using 3DS to broadcast the games, same error on the DSi.

Anyone tried this?

2. Herox

Newcomer Herox Member

United States
    the 3ds cannot download from the dsi? I know the download play worked for my old ds to download from my 3ds for pokemon transfer system.

edit: I tested it and it works. On the 3ds when doing download play make sure you select nintendo ds, not nintendo 3ds. Once selected the 3ds system looks like a nintendo ds original system and will pick up the download. Works like a charm.

Tested with phantom hourglass.

3. Ravenius
    OP

Finland
    Exactly what I did, with no luck. It does show up though, and starts donwloading the data (looks like it should work) but then I'll get the communication error message.

I've tested it with my original Zelda PH and flashcard versions of Mario Kart and Elite Beat Agents. Everything gives the same error.

And yes, I made sure to select the DS, not the 3DS mode.

4. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Did you format the system?

5. Herox

Newcomer Herox Member

United States
    I didnt let it get that far, lemme go try.

edit: works fine. Its just you. Not sure what to tell you.

6. Ravenius
    OP

Finland

Which system? No I didn't, would that matter? I'd rather not lose all my coins and stuff.

7. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    Probably not.

Try putting them closer together and all that jazz.
    I sometimes can't connect dsl to dsl if one of us is moving, sometimes if we're not moving. It's weird.

8. MaGosT

Member MaGosT GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Where did u get that sig [​IMG]?