Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Copied the 3 files from the zip (hint : .nds, .cfg and .wad), copied my own Doom 1.wad as "doom.wad", tried it on SuperCard, worked on the first try...
smile.gif
And even better : the saves work too!
biggrin.gif

It will stay on my cart, even if it adds a few files to the root... The "clutter" is well worth it, as the port is really great, and is an issue they will fix with time, along with maybe optimizing the code a little bit more : it feels a bit choppy sometimes, when you're used to notice it...
smile.gif

Edit: Oh, and I miss the music... please!
biggrin.gif

- Vince989

usurper77

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This kicks ass! Followed the instructions on the included readme and it worked the first time. I miss the music too, but this is more than enough to keep me happy in the meantime. Hopefully this will help speed up things at the DSQuake camp.

Rykar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It sucks that G6 isn't supported yet, couldn't they just make a program that adds the app,cfg, and wads into one file like NesDS does?

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
awww crap..... i was like WOOOO DOOM. i thought it was like the other doom ports(dreamcast, psp, etc) where u could use any wad. doom.wad or doom2.wad or dwango5.wad.... but its only doom 1.
frown.gif
when i can play doom2 and the dwango wads, that will be badasss.... oh man.... anyone old enough to remember dwango5??? if i could play that wireless... how sweet would that be.

seam

Vince989

Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
awww crap..... i was like WOOOO DOOM. i thought it was like the other doom ports(dreamcast, psp, etc) where u could use any wad. doom.wad or doom2.wad or dwango5.wad.... but its only doom 1.Â
frown.gif
  when i can play doom2 and the dwango wads, that will be badasss.... oh man.... anyone old enough to remember dwango5??? if i could play that wireless... how sweet would that be.

seam
Before saying it doesn't work, try it, by simply renaming its filename to "doom.wad", even if its some other version of doom.

I *THINK* Heretic and Hexen might work too, since I found them all in a torrent with only one player, but can't be sure if they all work under PrBoom, which is what this port uses as a basis...

- Vince989

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
awww crap..... i was like WOOOO DOOM. i thought it was like the other doom ports(dreamcast, psp, etc) where u could use any wad. doom.wad or doom2.wad or dwango5.wad.... but its only doom 1.Â
frown.gif

seam

Before saying it doesn't work, try it, by simply renaming its filename to "doom.wad", even if its some other version of doom.

I *THINK* Heretic and Hexen might work too, since I found them all in a torrent with only one player, but can't be sure if they all work under PrBoom, which is what this port uses as a basis...

- Vince989

welll... if that were the case.. i would ASSUME they would have stated it can infact support doom2 wads.... but illl try it out and post about it in 5mins.... brb

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok well you were right.
smile.gif
you can infact rename doom2 to doom.wad and it works. BUT renaming any of the dwango wads, to doom.wad does not work.
frown.gif
also there is no music.. which i know is stated on the website.. but man... it kinda sucks without it...

seam

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i really dont know. i was surprised dwango didnt work. im too drunk and tired to care. try renaming them to doom.wad and find out. later

bleh

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

tw8e60

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone been able to play wifi?, If so, can you please post a good tutorial, I've downloaded the game server program, but I dont know how to make it work.
If anyone has tested this please post how U did it.
Explain what to do on DS and PC.

Thanks.

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having problems running this on M3 CF?
I'm using the .wad files from a Doom Collector's Edition install disc.
I've been sure to rename them to doom.wad.
Runs fine on my PC.

Here's what my DS is telling me:

Survived graphics init.
FAT_InitFiles(): initialized.

Choose your game type

Standard game
DS Doom v2.4.2 (http://prboom.sourceforge.net)
M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
default file: prboom.cfg
default file: prboom.cfg
IWAD found: /doom.wad
IWAD found: /doom.wad
CheckIWAD: IWAD tag /doom.wad not present

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked