DS dodgy screen, what has happened?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by fieryhellz, May 18, 2017.

1. fieryhellz
    OP

fieryhellz Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2017
    Hello, I recently got a DS off ebay (faulty) but I have no idea what this mark on the screen is, dead pixels or is the screen just messed? I don't see any cracks from the image, messaged here because It won't be here for a while.

Thanks
    [​IMG]

Last edited by fieryhellz, May 18, 2017
  2. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    i can see the biggest crack man, its fuct.

3. fieryhellz
    OP

fieryhellz Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2017
    Sorry I edited my post It was something I bought just hasn't arrived yet, I was curious since its my first time trying to fix something so.

Thanks for the reply I guess ill have to try and fix the screen then(replace it)

4. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Dead pixels? Mate this screen got hit by a bulldozer. It's harder to find an OK pixel than a dead one

5. justin-dabath

justin-dabath Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2016
    Looks like the console has been dropped or smacked, in the picture i notice the screw covers are gone and the bottom screen has lines across it to so i'd be wary that it's not a console repair person who puts broken parts together to sell them off.

The bottom screen could be water damage, but could be fixable by adjusting the screw inside the battery compartment.

6. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Looks like someone dropped it before. This is broken. No way this could be fixed unless you refurbish it with another parts.

7. fieryhellz
    OP

fieryhellz Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2017
    Yeah I also have one which has no visual damage but doesn't turn on wondered if swapping the screens could be a good idea?