Hacking DS Charging Issue

vintagegamingsys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All,
I am new to this forum. I must ask all a question. I have a Nintendo DS (Phat) that has a charging issue. When I plug the charger in my DS will not turn on. When I have the charger unplugged it runs perfectly. If I have the DS on and I plug the charger in it shuts off. No lights turn on when the charger is connected. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas. I have another charger coming because the original had become unreliable. Since it seems to work well I can just get another battery and get a battery wall charger. Then I can swap batteries. Anyways, thanks I appreciate any input.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple things could be malfunctioning:

1. It actually is the charger. A new charger could solve the problem.

2. The batteries eventually wear out. Nintendo even warns you that after 500 charges (maybe less on a DS Phat) the battery life will go down gradually. For the DS Lite, it's a twenty-five percent decrease and lowers from there.

I recommend a new battery from ebay. I don't think it's the charger.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Battery wearing out does not explain it, that just decreases battery life (my Phat's still acceptable after 3 years). It sounds like something seriously buggered in the charging circuit. Instead of being able to run of the mains the DS isn't getting any power and is just charging the battery basically somethings gone wrong on your motherboard in my opinion.

vintagegamingsys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may be the charging circuit. I was in Jamaica and there were many blackouts. Also, I tried to make a USB charger and I may have smoked it. Although, the original charger was acting funny. You had to move the wires in such a way to make it charge. That may have done it, too. I may have to just swap batteries.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Wires snapped in Original charger, blackouts and an attempted USB charger are not good as all could probably result in surges which would smoke the circuit or a fuse on it.

It CANNOT be the battery as the battery is just there to provide power and charging it is controlled by other means (unless there's some circuitry in the battery similar to a PSP's) I think it is unlikely that a battery replacement will suffice but if you know somewhere you can easily get another DS Phat battery go ahead and try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...