Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Crystal_Color_Line-up_6_WATERMARK_EDIT.jpg

Got a busted DS case and want a way to swap it with character? One company has moved their business to eBay with reduced prices. The only problem is that they say they will not guarantee that you get the color you request. Still, at $1.99 each these might make for a fun Flash Kit mod project.

Thanks to Shadow, via IRC for the tip!​

icon11.gif
 eBay Link
icon11.gif
 Homepage

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
boudincaca said:
Looks great if you have some damaged DS cartridges.

The guy who had some damaged DS Debug carts should consider buying this.

That guy sells replacement UMD and DS cases if I'm not mistaken. He is very capable of replacing the shells of things he repairs. It's part of the business that he's part of.

Edit: Also, yeah, the seller is nintendyfan. Remember the debug cart fiasco? Yeah, that guy. He's good at what he does, and I'm pretty sure he uses these cases himself in his work, so they should be pretty good for meeting your needs.

D

Deleted-273695

It's nintyfan, I asked him where he got them and said his company makes them, you can search something on ebay or go to umdcase.com to buy them.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
AlanJohn said:
This is great, yet so cheap.

But why don't they make ones for flashcarts?
I don't want to take apart the entire shell just to put something on the Micro SD.

Expense? I assume it would cost more to make 20 different shapes than to just make one, especially when very few people would actually buy them.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
AlanJohn said:
This is great, yet so cheap.

But why don't they make ones for flashcarts?
I don't want to take apart the entire shell just to put something on the Micro SD.

Expense? I assume it would cost more to make 20 different shapes than to just make one, especially when very few people would actually buy them.

Yeah -- moulding charges are very high

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet you could fit a flash card in one of these cases if you used an exacto knife very carefully.
I just have to ask. What are people doing that they need replacement game card case? This only thing that comes to mind is if you accidentally had your game chewed up by the garbage disposal.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The only problem is that they say they will not guarantee that you get the color you request.
This ssems like a pretty big problem to me. And they wont fit flash carts, since there's no microSD slot and almost all flash carts nowadays have a chip protruding out of the front (covered by the sticker).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2