Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
as i said none of the PSP Games interest me except one Kingdom Hearts and even i get a PSP and bring it to school i feel like :foreveralone: most of my classmates have DS and less of them have PSP... and i am a highschool student
i bought my psp because of bbs but then i found tons of awesome games like crisis core dissidia and phatasy star and still play it after 2 years, the psp is awesome and its potential with cfw exceeds the ds by far, can you have 3d on a modded ds? nope, the psp has a plugin for that and much more awesome thing, get a psp and you'll love it, i used to think that the psp is an overgrown gba too and that it's worthless and then changed my mind, besides it has lots of emulators and i play my pokemon rom hacks on it.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
iam not suggesting i am making it myself.... my phone resolution is 240x320 and remember that we are not using an emulation and i set the psx image to 256x193 and the link i already edit that minutes ago....
Your phone has the processing resources to scale the image accordingly, the DS doesn't. You're asking a hamster to pull a carriage.

The games will lag, the sound will lag, it will not be enjoyable, the video quality will be greatly decreased and you don't have the analog stick for PSP games - this is the reality you have to deal with.

You don't like the PSP, you are only interested in Kingdom Hearts, you think there are no other interesting games for the PSP but hey - you don't have a PSP, so how do you know that?

Reactions: 2 people

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
oh yeah i did that too but didnt post a new thread instead i use google... but this is different yknow PSP and PS1 are really playable... and im not asking a question im asking for a comment of what they think of my plan..... but even if this are posible there still a downside like the posts above: PS1 lack of keys.... PSP Lack of graphics...
Bless you child.

For your past good deed, I will respond to your topic.

There are many reasons why this won't work:
1) The specifications and hardware of the DS makes it impossible to emulate, let alone run PSP and PS1 games.
The hardware of the DS is incredibly inferior to the PSP. Just comparing the core processors alone (67MHz of a DS compared to 222MHz [default clockspeed] of a PSP) would make the idea seem dumb.

2) Using Win2DS would be too laggy. Also, I don't think there's a working PSP emulator.
Fact is, laggy games aren't playable. This needs no elaboration.

3) Not enough buttons on the DS
You could use the touch screen to emulate the analog nub of a PSP, but good luck fitting in the rest of a DualShock's controls.

4) The damn screen resolution is too small.
DS: 256 x 192
PSP: 480 x 262
PS1: 320 x 240
This needs no further elaboration.

i think the Psx resolution wouldnt mind anything i play a Psx emulator on my mobile phone and there is a Working PSP Emulator yknow i am an Emulator Expert.... and the only real problem we are messing is the laggyness.... and for the pSX lack of buttons not all games are using R and L Buttons some old PS1 Controllers doesnt even have one.... but playing a pSX on youre DS is definitely Cool....
(Playing a psx on mobile phone is not as cool as DS)

ok i decided that i will make a Configuration like the one that Skelux ​made... i think i will finish it this Saturday and someone could try it....

for the PSP i wouldnt make a configuration for it because the Jpcsp is not fully developed yet..

i would like to post a picture of me playing tekken in 256 x 193 and its great.... i cant upload it now my internet is slow as hell
1: your plan is retarded, i mean using vncs to try and emulate far superior hardware
2: you can't call yourself an ''emulator expert'' if you try this kind of shit
3: quoter from @prowler_ : you are so ignorant, want to work for IGN
have a nice day and go buy a psp

Reactions: 1 person

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nah i would
as i said none of the PSP Games interest me except one Kingdom Hearts and even i get a PSP and bring it to school i feel like :foreveralone: most of my classmates have DS and less of them have PSP... and i am a highschool student
i bought my psp because of bbs but then i found tons of awesome games like crisis core dissidia and phatasy star and still play it after 2 years, the psp is awesome and its potential with cfw exceeds the ds by far, can you have 3d on a modded ds? nope, the psp has a plugin for that and much more awesome thing, get a psp and you'll love it, i used to think that the psp is an overgrown gba too and that it's worthless and then changed my mind, besides it has lots of emulators and i play my pokemon rom hacks on it.

nah i would rather borrow my friends PSP to finish BBS or Finish BBS in an Emulator... i dont really like the PSP Sorry.... :(

and 1 thing i like on DS, DS can link with 3DS and PSP Cant with PSV

i would buy a 3DS this Summer and give my DS Lite to my brother.....

@ Foxi4 : maybe i dont have a PSP but most people surrounds me has Friends Family Classmates....i like psp games too like Tekken,Monster Hunter,Kh,etc but still wanting a DS or 3DS

@ animemaster : if you dont like to call me an Emulator Expert then dont.... and for the buying a PSP thing the only thing i would say is Never!!!

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
...and for the buying a PSP thing the only thing i would say is Never!!!
U mad bro?

I used to be like that as well but after playing though Rune Factory 3 undub on my DS and feeling bored I thought I might as well shell out some cash and get a pre-owned PSP and it is fantastic, I never had so much fun with a handheld console since I bought my PSP and i've been playing it non-stop even after I bought my 3DS and Vita and I got alot of great games to look forward to on the PSP this year, its even getting the new BlazBlue game :yay:

Reactions: 2 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Whatever guys - he doesn't want a PSP, let's just stop nagging. The principle here is the same as with using Win2DS and any other emulator, he'll eventually figure it out on his own, play a little bit, experience humongous lag and drop the idea. Let the natural order of things prevail.

Reactions: 3 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Seriously guys, get off his back. You gave him your suggestions, he disagreed and looks for a different solution. No point in dwelling here. I'll report the thread for some clean-up operations.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've performed a bit of cleanup on the thread, but most of the posts are pretty relevant to the topic.
OP, if you ever get this configuration working at an acceptable speed and playability, I'd love to see a tutorial for it.
Unfortunately I simply don't see it happening.

I believe @[member='Foxi4']'s metaphor "asking a hamster to pull a carriage" is incredibly apt, here.
Not only are you trying to emulate games with higher specifications using hardware that is totally incapable of running such specs,
(and from what I understand about emulation it usually requires far more power to emulate a console properly,)
but you're also throwing Win2DS into the mix and bottlenecking it even further.

But then again, I'm no emulation expert.

We wish you the best of luck, but I'm afraid the GBAtemp community is incapable of assisting you.

If I were to leave this thread open, I doubt you would get any more helpful suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-