Misc DS Browser / wifi .... Help,

fluid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I've got DS Browser, M3 Real, Rumble Ram, and the patch....I've been able to open DS Browser and see the access point. When I try to browse however, it tells me that it can't find a Nintendo WiFi network and it does nothing.

My question, Do I need a special Nintendo WiFi network? or, Can I just use my home wireless router to surf the net on the DS.

Pedobear

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you used a game like Mario Kart or another one and set up the WFC from there? Its a noob mistake, but it happens. Just dl/go into Mario Kart DS, and WFC, Settings and set it up

fluid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GameSoul said:
I think you can set up Wifi Settings without having to download anything. It should be in the browser's settings.

I've gotten to the point where I entered the WEP Key and it accepted it, however still no working connection. I can't remember the exact error msg, but it was something like

"...you have a working access point, but you are not connected to Nintedo Wifi"

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
read NINTYS support thread here
smile.gif

fluid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kobykaan said:
read NINTYS support thread here
smile.gif

Okay, Still need help.

The connection sets up fine, and the test works. Great signal strength. The comms light flashes. But.....when I try to navigate to any website I get

"Error Could not locate remote server. http://xxx.xxxxx.xxx" where the xxx's are the website I'm trying to go to.

I've tried several different sites, including google.com

HELP

fluid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
reaper00004 said:
So when you tested connection it said it was successful, right?

Right

Posts merged

QUOTE(kobykaan @ Dec 31 2008, 10:40 AM) check again that wifi works with games if it does try again with the browser
smile.gif

Okay, I'll check it and post back.

fluid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kobykaan said:
check again that wifi works with games if it does try again with the browser
smile.gif

Okay,

Did some testing.....

I tried MarioKart DS on WFC and it doesn't work either. Here is the funny part though.

When I use the WiFi setup in the DS Browser it can see the access point and the connection sets itself up and the connection test is successful. If I take that same setup into MarioKart it will still see the access point but when I run the connection test it doesn't work???

further to this (if you are still following me)

Once I've tried MarioKart and failed to get online and failed the connection test, when I go back into the DS Browser setup and try a connection test it won't work there anymore either (even though it previously did).

It seems once this happens the only way I can get it working again is to erase the connection and re-build it.

But on top of all of that, DS Browser and Games still not working on WiFi.

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The WFC servers were down. Try it again. Also, if you didn't need to change the router firewall for other devices you won't need to for the DS.

fluid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a Wii and have no connection problems with it.

Here is something I noticed. For any network savy people out there...

My Router hands out IP's to the devices in it's network (leases?). It uses the range 192.168.1.xxx

It has all of the recognized devices stored and lists their IP's, The DS shows up in this list as 192.168.1.72 when the ds isn't connected.

However, when it is actually connected, it shows up as 215.xxx.xxx.xxx, totally oddball and out of the range of my router.

is this an issue? how do I fix it?

fluid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Think I just answered my own question....I found this info on the 2Wire (my router brand) support website:

Select No under Auto-obtain IP Adress.
For 2Wire gateways running software version 3.7.x or higher, use the following IP information:

IP address 192.168.1.15
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.254
Primary DNS 206.13.30.12
Secondary DNS 192.168.1.254

For 2Wire gateways running software version 3.1 to 3.5.x, use the following IP information:

IP address 172.16.1.15
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 172.16.0.1
Primary DNS 206.13.30.12
Secondary DNS 172.16.0.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol