ds....android?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by starfighter1, Jan 18, 2011.

1. starfighter1
    OP

starfighter1 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2009
    United States
    anywhere and everywhere
    Just throwing it out there but would it be possible if we could fully exploit the dsi mode to lode the android os on it? in my opinion it would be pretty cool if we could. I probably sound like an idiot for saying this but oh well.

2. kagutsuchi

kagutsuchi Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    The DSi, even if hacked and using the hardware fully, would not meet the minimum hardware requirements for Android.

3. ProtoKun7

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

Global Moderator
    Jan 3, 2009
    Gallifrey
    It would be interesting to see but I would have brought up the same issue; there's no way the DSi would be powerful enough to actually run it.

4. Wabsta

Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Apr 25, 2008
    Netherlands
    SCUMM Bar
    Idea is awesome, but probably not gonna work.

5. Movi

Movi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2007
    Poland
    Android requires at least an ARM11 processor (DS/DSi has a ARM9+ARM7, so not enough) and 128MB of RAM. So no go.

6. boktor666

boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Jun 16, 2010
    Netherlands
    Holland, somewhere :D
    Android on a ds.. the same as playing crisis on windows 95. The ram of the ds isn't large enough (round 4-32 mb... i thought, not sure) and android needs at least 128 mb. It would have been awesome though if there was a way to port android to ds.

7. danweb

danweb GBAtemp Fan

Jul 24, 2009
    Unknown
    it is a shame that it won't work. It would be more than awesome to have it on the ds