dude1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
my main machine is a mac a dual g5 tower and i find there are no dpg converters for osx
is there any way to convert the dpg's on a mac?
i have heard there mpeg-1 but would regular mpeg1 work, i took a sample dpg and changed the extension to mpg on my mac and it played fine so i assume its similar or identical
if they are identical why are they called dpg why not leave it alone?
also can it play any other format avi,divx,xvid ect. or preferably mpeg4 or h.264
if not is it possible for someone to make a player or port mplayer,vlc or some other open sourced option and if so is it in the works by anyone?
if there is no solution i can use the media center pc but its in the living room and its a general annoyance to do that
thanks any info is appreciated

kutis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
i'd say dpg would have different header with regular mpeg1... but

just give it a go.. if it doesnt work, it doesnt work... there always parallels, vmware, etc to convert into dpg...

TheStick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Reading a dpg doesn't work on my PC, with MPC I only get audio and with VLC, nada. Must be something in the header like kutis said.

I've already tried playing a video converted by mencoder (the same tool dpgenc uses), with the same switches and all, but MoonShell wouldn't read it.

It's a shame, but I guess there must be an explanation for all this somewhere in the japanese author's website.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading a dpg doesn't work on my PC, with MPC I only get audio and with VLC, nada. Must be something in the header like kutis said.

I've already tried playing a video converted by mencoder (the same tool dpgenc uses), with the same switches and all, but MoonShell wouldn't read it.

It's a shame, but I guess there must be an explanation for all this somewhere in the japanese author's website.

heres the site
http://ls5.cydonianknight.com/

btw: you have to have some codecs installed (avi synth)
and when you resize it, choose the max for the width and the Height

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.