DS and DSLite screen dimensons

ancanar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello.

Wanted to ask if DS and DSLite have exactly the same screen dimensions? I wanted to buy portection foil for my DS (fat) but there are only those dedicated for DSLite. Will they fit?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No but how much it matters for this could be a question if you are concerned with the visible elements rather than the whole deal
IMG_2989[1].JPG
There are also some services that will do custom shapes (various lasers can cut things easily enough) but how many will do one that works well on a resistive touchscreen as opposed to the capacitive of most modern devices I might question.

Measuring with a ruler all in mm
Original
70x57.5 though visible is 47x62.5 or maybe a tiny bit less as that was unpowered and there is a further bezel internally
Bottom screen
62x47

DS lite
69x53 visible 62.5x47
Bottom (which has an external plastic bezel)
62.5x47

If it matters I can find some radius gauges but anybody doing custom stuff likely has their own and I might want to bust out the verniers for that one anyway.

For the GBA I do also have to note there have been some glass replacement covers/panels as well. Not sure what goes for this but there are even more firms out there dealing in custom glass shapes.

Reactions: zfreeman

ancanar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I need just to stick the foil pn visible parts so i see they are more or less the same. The bottom screen will be more problematic as the plastic around it is elevated but i will try

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol