DS #5691: Spider-Man: Edge of Time (Europe)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian posted this in the other release thread for this game:

Looking forward to this.

Mainly:
1. Its not by Griptonite, they started off really well and then they just did the same thing over and over again with nearly EVERY title they did. They just stopped making games interesting and I'm tired of these generic Metroidvania titles, add some damn thought to it if you're going that way!

2. Its by Other Ocean Interactive, they did the excellent Dark Void Zero and the forthcoming "holy shit it plays like Another World and Flashback and looks great" War of the Worlds. They're aiming for a more retro Spidey experience and they have shown that they can do that well.

spider_man_edge_of_time_ds-2.jpg
spider_man_edge_of_time_ds-3.jpg
spider_man_edge_of_time_ds-9.jpg

spider_man_edge_of_time_ds-4.jpg
spider_man_edge_of_time_ds-8.jpg

Not the best screens, DS games always look better on a actual DS and in motion. Kinda reminds me of those fine GBC/GBA Spidey titles.

I predict one of those overlooked gems just like Griptonites own Spyro was on the GBA during its dying days. Can't be worse than the home console version.

I haven't tried it yet but the DS has had generally decent Spiderman games. Maybe I'll play it on a rainy day or something.

And yes, stop with the "IT ISN'T LAYTON" posts.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've heard that this game isn't very good on much of anything. Kind of disappointing. Usually Spider-Man games are somewhat decent games to look forward to. Oh well, Shattered Dimensions is still a pretty fun DS installment.

lizard81288

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could have swarn this was already dumbed....maybe it was the US version i'm thinking of? Reguarldess, this game blows. The combat is boring, but why fight since you can just skip them anyways. Web throwing is dumb as well, and there is a lack of where to go next. You have a genral idea, but both Spidermen need to get there, and the same route with one spider-man can be differnt from the other, which is a pain. The graphics look like poop too. Kind of looks like a GBA game, not to mention the sound is really low too. Most of the time when they talk, i cannot hear them.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
dont forget that how annoying certain areas are... currently stuck at the gliding tutorial... how the heck am i supposed to move when there are no walls for me to stick to? walls are made of lasers arghhh.

Also, so far it's kinda boring, everything looks the same, heck, the minimap doesnt even work well, so i have to guess where i am 50% of the time..

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
At least the cover is somewhat nice.
I wish they could make Spiderman games like the ones on the PSX. Those were really good games.

lizard81288

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont forget that how annoying certain areas are... currently stuck at the gliding tutorial... how the heck am i supposed to move when there are no walls for me to stick to? walls are made of lasers arghhh.

That is where I gave up. I played that part for an hour. And once you fall in, it is incredibly hard to get out of that pit, since all the walls are lasers. It happens in seconds, because it is the 1st segment of the gliding tutorial. You jump in, and then you fall into the pit. It takes longer to get out, than it does getting in. The best way to describe it is, playing Angry Birds, and you mess up on the 1st bird and start over. That is how quick you mess up that part. You have to web swing just right too. Plus from what it shown, gliding blows, and more or less, looks like you’re falling at an angle rather than gliding.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I take it this is more like Spider-Man: Edge of Playability.

To be honest, I've grown a bit tired of Spider-Man games anyway. After the Aliens game, I can't really see any more retail games coming up that I'd care for on DS. Maybe some homebrew or hacks, but that's about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021