DS #5444: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (USA)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
PeregrinFig said:
Yeah, DQ games aren't too hard. The bosses might be able to rip you a new asshole though, and some games have a few areas with tough random encounters. I just grind for money outside of every town long enough to get the best gear available, and the games usually don't get too difficult.
that's what i do

as for the bosses there's always a trick to beating them like the boss in the 1st tower just use sap a few times on him to lower his defense than steamroll him with the boomerang keeping an eye of your hp and spamming herbs when it gets around 20 or less and you'll smash through him
tongue.gif

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
PeregrinFig said:
Yeah, DQ games aren't too hard. The bosses might be able to rip you a new asshole though, and some games have a few areas with tough random encounters. I just grind for money outside of every town long enough to get the best gear available, and the games usually don't get too difficult.
that's what i do

as for the bosses there's always a trick to beating them like the boss in the 1st tower just use sap a few times on him to lower his defense than steamroll him with the boomerang keeping an eye of your hp and spamming herbs when it gets around 20 or less and you'll smash through him
tongue.gif
This is very helpful, but I doubt I'll reach that point in the game.

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dann Woolf said:
Densetsu3000 said:
Dann Woolf said:
I do believe I speak for the entire internet when I say IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME THIS GAME WAS DUMPED.
Who the eff appointed you Representative of the Entire Internet? Speak for yourself.

What, you don't agree?
Probably not. You should show some respect for dumpers. You haven't submitted anything to support the Scene, did you?

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Dann Woolf said:
Densetsu3000 said:
Dann Woolf said:
I do believe I speak for the entire internet when I say IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME THIS GAME WAS DUMPED.
Who the eff appointed you Representative of the Entire Internet? Speak for yourself.

What, you don't agree?

I personally don't give a shit about this game. Plus the dumpers don't work for us.

So that's you, and just you. Don't go around talking for everyone.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
GTK_Kheirro said:
I m a big fan of DQ serie and i tried all kind of RPGs but somehow i CAN'T play First Person RPG.
Is it me or i'm the only one who hate this kind of rpg?

nope.

Didn't like any of the Etrian Odyssey games

or any of the older DQ DS games they remade...

and this one is no exception...

play Dragon Quest IX DS...that one is a keeper
biggrin.gif

if anything...I might play it so I can do a video of it on my youtube channel because that's what "in" right now

Same here, but this time I'm gonna try to force myself to play through this one

don_eno

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
RoMee said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
GTK_Kheirro said:
I m a big fan of DQ serie and i tried all kind of RPGs but somehow i CAN'T play First Person RPG.
Is it me or i'm the only one who hate this kind of rpg?

nope.

Didn't like any of the Etrian Odyssey games

or any of the older DQ DS games they remade...

and this one is no exception...

play Dragon Quest IX DS...that one is a keeper
biggrin.gif

if anything...I might play it so I can do a video of it on my youtube channel because that's what "in" right now

Same here, but this time I'm gonna try to force myself to play through this one
it's the same with the final fantasy games. tastes change with time

GTK_Kheirro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I don't think so cause i tried hard and force myself to play in vain. When i forced myself to play FF1 and breath of fire 1 & 2 i've changed my point of view but i can't do it for this game.
DQ 8 & 9 FTW guys

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mesiskope said:
I don't know what Japan see's in these games.

Uh, not just Japan buddy. I'm a HUGE fan of DQ games now. Before I wasn't because I didn't see the appeal in cartoony like animation and tunes, I was more of a fan of the epic music and epic stories for Final Fantasies, but this quickly became my favorite genre. It's simple and traditional which is what I like. It doesn't fuck with anything. Amazing games brah, amazing games.

QUOTE(Sora de Eclaune @ Feb 17 2011, 01:38 AM) I have played this game for ten minutes. I love it, but it is not a game for me. It is simply too hard compared to Pokemon. I cannot even make it to Haggleton.

Nah, from what I know, all DQ games are like that at first. Die a couple times, but you keep grinding and leveling up to the point where you can stand a chance, then you die rarely. That's how it's been for me for the longest time. Even in my recent playthrough of DQVIII, I died 4 times at the first boss, I leveled up, and I did a lot better, haven't really died since.

Etrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, im using R4 and i used patch.exe but i still can't get past the intro. do i need to update anything or something?

Slasher Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
QUOTE said:
So, im using R4 and i used patch.exe but i still can't get past the intro. do i need to update anything or something?

Etrian well you could always use wood r4 or if not just go to the website of your r4 card mine is R4s-sdhc.com and i got version 1.32

and i patched the game so far it works good but i don't like the battle scene mode DQ IX was a whole lot better .

Etrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't have it currently on me, but i got it 2~3 years ago and im pretty sure it a legit R4. im not sure if i should just download everything all over again, update woodR4, or format my MSD :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan: