Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Karry said:
QUOTE said:
SACCA YAROZE
Ehh...what ? I watched a few episodes of this show a while back, and i thought they actually were normal people and said "football" in Japanese. Nowadays only dumb USians (and their Japanese underlings) use the "S" word.

They use both interchangeably. Like the Regional Soccer tourney in i11 is the 'Football Frontier', but they still refer to it mostly as Soccer.

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
Karry said:
QUOTE said:
SACCA YAROZE
Ehh...what ? I watched a few episodes of this show a while back, and i thought they actually were normal people and said "football" in Japanese. Nowadays only dumb USians (and their Japanese underlings) use the "S" word.

But soccer is an English term, shortened from association football. Yes it may be a crap name but it has it's roots in our league, so they're welcome to use it.

DukeZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fun observation, everyone refers to the sport as football in the EU version, except for American exchange student Domon/Bobby, who calls it soccer. An NPC even remarks there was a guy looking for the "soccer" club room.

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
DukeZero said:
Fun observation, everyone refers to the sport as football in the EU version, except for American exchange student Domon/Bobby, who calls it soccer. An NPC even remarks there was a guy looking for the "soccer" club room.

Wow, so they really did localize it huh.

(And is Domon's name really Bobby? .....Wow. Just.... wow.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.