DS #5108: Harvest Moon DS: Grand Bazaar (USA)

Marauding

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
preske said:
Say, does anyone else have this?

I keep getting empty cans at the fishingspot at the restaurant, I'm at 40 cans, one after one. Either I have an extremely bad streak, or it's a bug.

I'm at winter year one, and didn't really pay attention when it started. But it started in/after the second week, I'm certain of that.
Same thing happening to me, maybe theres just no fish there in the winter

Marauding

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shinigami357 said:
NDStemp said:
So is the only thing actually new here is the jump?
well, you have windmills, pets, a bazaar every weekend (i find this part fun) a few new tricks for raising crops (double water+fertilizer, if the interwebz is right), ability to sell pretty much anything, and catching insects and frogs (lol)
however, no more mining (wasn't a big fan of this)
well other than that, you get the same meddle with the people (it's a new cast, i think) woo the girl/guy, run your farm, make loads of cash etc etc affair.
Wait how do you get the tricks

preske

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DemonicChocobo said:
Harvest Moon games have always been prone to pretty awful bugs, however, I find it a bit alarming that this is the second instance of weirdness being reported to have occurred in Winter.
Marauding said:
QUOTE(preske @ Sep 2 2010, 10:14 PM) Say, does anyone else have this?

I keep getting empty cans at the fishingspot at the restaurant, I'm at 40 cans, one after one. Either I have an extremely bad streak, or it's a bug.

I'm at winter year one, and didn't really pay attention when it started. But it started in/after the second week, I'm certain of that.
Same thing happening to me, maybe theres just no fish there in the winter

I'm positive there was fish there during the first week, because the first 2 days were stormy and I did in fact catch fish there.
All the other spots were fine.
Luckily it solved itself with the transition to spring, because that would pretty much ruin the game for me. Don't want to start again.

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marauding said:
Shinigami357 said:
NDStemp said:
So is the only thing actually new here is the jump?
well, you have windmills, pets, a bazaar every weekend (i find this part fun) a few new tricks for raising crops (double water+fertilizer, if the interwebz is right), ability to sell pretty much anything, and catching insects and frogs (lol)
however, no more mining (wasn't a big fan of this)
well other than that, you get the same meddle with the people (it's a new cast, i think) woo the girl/guy, run your farm, make loads of cash etc etc affair.
Wait how do you get the tricks
What he means are that you can water your plants twice a day to speed up growth.

When you water a plant very early in the morning. Later in the day, maybe even at night, you'll notice that the soil has reverted to the unwatered graphic. At this point, you can water them again. Doing this can cause plants to finish growing around 2 or more days earlier(Read seed description to find out how much).

As for the Fertilizer comment...uh...I'm not sure why you would double water AND fertilize. With Fertilizer you want the complete opposite. You want to water your plants only once a day so they take longer to grow and you can fertilize them for more days.

Jax2004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
achii said:
Kaitou_Yahiko said:
Popin said:
Kaitou_Yahiko said:
My game was playing fine until Winter. Now it freezes every so often. Usually when I'm leaving my farm. And it froze once during the Dog Festival. Anyone else have this problem? I'm using a CycloDS and no cheats so I don't know why. It's not too bad, it's just more of an annoyance...
I shouldn't laugh, but I thought it was kind of funny that it freezes in Winter.

It's okay. I found it to be funny as well.

@kaitou : I have the same problem like you....
can anyone help this freeze problem?
unsure.gif
sad.gif

thanks before.

I'm too. My game freeze on 2nd Winter.
When I'm leaving form home and go to 2nd field or 3rd field, game will freeze immediately.

It's AP ?

dazg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iv got past the freeze issue during the 2nd day in winter, only using ActionReply. Using the ActionReply I changed the season to spring (fall) and finshed the 2nd day, i also saved and quit when I had finished. I then restarted and used the ActionReply to change back to winter, once I had finished the 3RD day I saved and quit again so I could turn off all ActionReply codes. With all ActionReply codes off, I continued to play without any issues atall, I still had all my items etc.

1. Using ActionReply, change the season to spring (fall)
2. Play untill you make it to the next (3rd) day, save and turn off.
3. Start again using ActionReply and change back to winter, again play intil the next day and save and quit.
4. Start up your game again but making sure all ar codes are turned off

If you follow them steps you shud be fine. I have yet to make it to winter 2nd year, so I dnt know if it will freeze again, fingers crossed it don't.

GaryStargazer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was directed to ask about my problem in this thread.
I've got the venom rom with the intro and it played great at first but now it just locked up when i try to get past the venom intro.

I patched the thing to remove the intro and it loaded up to the title screen but when i go to load the game it freezes up right at the load screen.

It's an R4 sdhc/rts

It's got the current official firmware on it and all that jazz.

puieang

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Jax2004 said:
achii said:
Kaitou_Yahiko said:
Popin said:
Kaitou_Yahiko said:
My game was playing fine until Winter. Now it freezes every so often. Usually when I'm leaving my farm. And it froze once during the Dog Festival. Anyone else have this problem? I'm using a CycloDS and no cheats so I don't know why. It's not too bad, it's just more of an annoyance...
I shouldn't laugh, but I thought it was kind of funny that it freezes in Winter.

It's okay. I found it to be funny as well.

@kaitou : I have the same problem like you....
can anyone help this freeze problem?
unsure.gif
sad.gif

thanks before.

I'm too. My game freeze on 2nd Winter.
When I'm leaving form home and go to 2nd field or 3rd field, game will freeze immediately.

It's AP ?

Yes, Me too

What a problem?

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have it it hasnt freezed at all but when i try to use cheatcodes i cant play it freezes when i push a on the vemon patch screen any help?

dazg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dazg said:
Iv got past the freeze issue during the 2nd day in winter, only using ActionReply. Using the ActionReply I changed the season to spring (fall) and finshed the 2nd day, i also saved and quit when I had finished. I then restarted and used the ActionReply to change back to winter, once I had finished the 3RD day I saved and quit again so I could turn off all ActionReply codes. With all ActionReply codes off, I continued to play without any issues atall, I still had all my items etc.

3. Start again using ActionReply and change back to winter, again play intil the next day and save and quit.

If you follow them steps you shud be fine. I have yet to make it to winter 2nd year, so I dnt know if it will freeze again, fingers crossed it don't.

Have you tryed the above?

Synchrostar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dazg said:
dazg said:

If u mean the above for the problem under, how would he change his season if he can't access the codes?

QUOTE(digipokemaster @ Sep 8 2010, 11:12 PM)
i have it it hasnt freezed at all but when i try to use cheatcodes i cant play it freezes when i push a on the vemon patch screen any help?

EDIT: i have the same problem too
frown.gif
on acekard 2i
EDIT-i-dont-know-how-many-times: Actually my problem is a little different. When i'm @ the screen where i can choose which game to play, i want to access my cheatdatabase, and then it gets stuck. Do i need to wait for a firmware update or is there another solution?
EDITAGAIN=O: Nvm, found the solution already. Only needed to sort the database >.>

jmfx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Synchrostar said:
dazg said:
dazg said:

If u mean the above for the problem under, how would he change his season if he can't access the codes?

QUOTE(digipokemaster @ Sep 8 2010, 11:12 PM)

EDIT: i have the same problem too
frown.gif
on acekard 2i
EDIT-i-dont-know-how-many-times: Actually my problem is a little different. When i'm @ the screen where i can choose which game to play, i want to access my cheatdatabase, and then it gets stuck. Do i need to wait for a firmware update or is there another solution?
EDITAGAIN=O: Nvm, found the solution already. Only needed to sort the database >.>

I know this sounds really noob but how do you sort the database?

jmfx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Acekard 2 and everytime i try to rebuild the cheat file it freezes at the right before it can finish rebuilding. I think it's the game ID I've been using which is causing the problem:
B9E 3B203D3B

Anyone know a way i can fix this?

lunarwolf00

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Hi I'm new here and got a R4 SDHC and I'm trying to run HMGB on my R4 which goes perfect loads great and saves as well but when I went to the menu after I had restarted my DS and fully loaded the game my save had dissapeared into no air( or data)!? (By the way I'm using HMGB with venom patch)
So could anyone tell me what I can do (or should this be in another thread...) or should I wait for the next firmware update because I played this for a while
loved it and can't stay away from it so I have to play it on my Emulator..
frown.gif
so could anyone reply soon plz, I'm gonna chack through the posts and see if there is anything there I can use, thanks for reading and thanks if you can help.

ayakosama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues. Don't know if it's game or human error though.

During the Starry Night Festival with Ivan, without fail the game blackscreens when we all start to eat. Did I fail to do/bring/whatever or is it a game error?
Running Akaio 1.8.1 with all cheats disabled.

tragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sure someones going to call me lazy for asking about cheats
but i have to ask, as soon as I turn on a cheat; there is no sound when the game starts, the touch screen refuses to work and when I'm loading the game freezes... ive tried editing the thing a million ways (yes i know how to work google and all its googily goodness) and ext... updated my m3dsreal and the only option ppl keep giving me is to buy a new chip and all will be well...

>.< anyone else have this problem? did anyone fix it? i had the same problem with the new pokemon white... just wont accept cheats... shure you can turn it on but goodness forbid you clicking one lol.
rolleyes.gif

kai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys know the tree in the middle on your yard right after you walk out of your house? well to avoid the glitch just walk to the right of it coming to/going from your house. it will skip the glitch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong