DS #5018: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of the Starry Skies (USA)

Prof. 9

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
asapy said:
The loading speed is slightly faster than XENOM's or intro removed XENOM's.
The XENOM intro-removed version most people use probably takes longer to load because it's actually still running half of the intro when it boots up. The hex edit I posted a couple pages back removes it completely.

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing the Xenom (Xenophobia + Venom for those who don't know) version on AKAIO 1.7 and it's been working fine so far. Made character, played for a little, just got past the part where you tell the mayor that the road thing is about to be unblocked.

Haven't experienced any slowdowns yet.

Acecard 2.1 AKAIO v1.7 = working Xenom release

Skorch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SargeSmash said:
I'm assuming no one has a physical copy yet. I'm tempted to start playing now and use eepinator to move the save to my retail cart when it comes in. Hopefully that will be Sunday, but GS probably won't get it until Monday.

For the people that have the money to actually buy the cart: DO IT. I want to see Dragon Quest VI brought over, and I'm going to be extremely ticked off if it doesn't happen because everyone decided to pirate this one.

Could you explain to me how you would take the save from the rom and put it onto the retail cart? And will it work with a m3 ds real card?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Skorch said:
SargeSmash said:
I'm assuming no one has a physical copy yet. I'm tempted to start playing now and use eepinator to move the save to my retail cart when it comes in. Hopefully that will be Sunday, but GS probably won't get it until Monday.

For the people that have the money to actually buy the cart: DO IT. I want to see Dragon Quest VI brought over, and I'm going to be extremely ticked off if it doesn't happen because everyone decided to pirate this one.

Could you explain to me how you would take the save from the rom and put it onto the retail cart? And will it work with a m3 ds real card?

Rein (its homebrew)...you need a slot 2 cart like uhm..a Supercard SD

I used it to transfer my retail DS cart saves to my AceKard

Kronusdark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dan80315 said:
Playing the Xenom (Xenophobia + Venom for those who don't know) version on AKAIO 1.7 and it's been working fine so far. Made character, played for a little, just got past the part where you tell the mayor that the road thing is about to be unblocked.

Haven't experienced any slowdowns yet.

Acecard 2.1 AKAIO v1.7 = working Xenom release

How did you get it to work? i have the same setup and i get a black screen after the Level 5 splash screen.

volcano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had reported last night I had some AKAIO 1.7 issues

- Blackscreen + music after a cutscene or door change

It locked up maybe 5 times, but never in the same place.

Anyhow, I'm about 4 hours into the game (to the first castle + some lvling) and not a freeze in the past 2 game hours.

umewotaberusaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
volcano said:
I'm having issues with the AP patched rom

It randomly locks up during cutscenes or door changes

AK2i
DS XL
Akaio 1.7

I can play for 30 minutes at a time and it never locks up at the same point but it has happened 5 times or so
The same thing has happen to me, sometimes it's completely random when I lock up.... once I locked up right as I moved away from the Church when loaded my save... frustrated me because I was only 30 seconds in and had to restart the game.

Tyldurden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
tenja said:
Yup.....but it doesn't work....btw,i didn't mention that i rename the rom to my liking, is there a specific name it needs? Also,you guys got it to work? everyone? or i need a clean bahamut rom? mine is Xenom patched version.

Is the rom in the same folder as the files?
I'm having the same problem and I AM using the clean bahamut dump. I have everything in the same folder. I read the readme so I'm dragging my dp9.nds into the NDS-BAHAMUT to Xenom.bat and it says "xdelta is not recognized..."

Luziphir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else getting terrible framerates in a lot of areas once you have a full party? I'm hoping it's just my flash card, but that doesn't seem likely since other games with framerate issues (pokemon) play the same on a real cartridge as well. I'm using the Xenom release on Wood R4 1.10.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had some framerate issues in the Japanese version with 4 party members onscreen at once. I was using a rather slow microsd though, so i don't know if that didn't cause it. Just some minor slowdown, but switching back to only 3 characters made it better.

WrSmega

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luziphir said:
Is anyone else getting terrible framerates in a lot of areas once you have a full party? I'm hoping it's just my flash card, but that doesn't seem likely since other games with framerate issues (pokemon) play the same on a real cartridge as well. I'm using the Xenom release on Wood R4 1.10.

In some areas I get framerate issues, I only have a party of 3. Though its probably because of the flashcard

Kronusdark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maxxpower18 said:
Playing on Acekard 2.1 with Akaio 1.6 RC2 with absolutely no problems. Been playing for about 2 hours now.
i just tried 1.6 RC2 and i get a green loading screen?

seriously this is driving me crazy

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
Skorch said:
SargeSmash said:

Rein (its homebrew)...you need a slot 2 cart like uhm..a Supercard SD

I used it to transfer my retail DS cart saves to my AceKard
Actually, you don't even need a slot-2. So far, I've used eepinator to do the transfer for several of my retail carts.

Basically, you need to have the save converted to the proper size and format (RAW, not entirely sure what the EEPROM size is, but eepinator can tell you), then use the FAT->DS Cart option. Find the save file, load it, then swap in the retail cart and hit 'A' to continue. Should work, although sometimes you have to let the cart boot and initialize itself before performing this process. I might have a few of the smaller details wrong, I'm going from memory, but I've definitely used this method no less than ten times.

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
corr0126 said:
SargeSmash said:

I have a retail copy I'm 7 hours in this game is really fun, also didn't square say dq 6 will be coming to the u.s? I want to play that one as well so that we can finish the saga
So, where'd you manage to obtain a copy? I noticed Gamestop said it will be "in-store" on the 11th, which means it's probably already being or has been shipped. I'd love it if I could pick it up today.
smile.gif

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting some rather harsh slowdowns in some areas too with a party of 4 as well.

It's happened in some retail carts like Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh Arcadia... I have a class 6 SD too so there's almost no way for me to improve it I guess besides lowering the amount of games I have on my folder, which is about 6 atm.

Maybe there will be a fix for it just like yugi/pokemon was fixed with the recent AKAIO fixes.

@the guys who can't make it work on AK2.1,

I'm not too sure to be honest, I recently formatted my SD card and put a fresh install of AKAIO. That's about all I've done, give that a go if you're not that lazy to do it cause I know I am. Takes about 2 hours to copy my ROMs
frown.gif

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
I find it funny that pople complain about the intro screen making their game load slowly.
Its an extra 5 seconds, let the guys who do the hard work take some credit for it

Luziphir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd be nice if we could get a confirmation on weather or not the slowdown is present in the real cart. As far as transferring saves, does anyone know if savsender still works on new games? I haven't used it in awhile.

B

ball2012003

Luziphir said:
It'd be nice if we could get a confirmation on weather or not the slowdown is present in the real cart.
I doubt its on the real cart
I got a full party and no slowdown at all
using Ez Flash Vi with clean rom i am on the part where you face the third boss
also do people join your party later on in the game or do you just get people by going to the inn

ThommyDude

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
i have been playing on my EDGE 1.11 for ours now has anyone had any save problems or something cuz i'm afraid to turn off my DS and lose everything...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay