DS #4961: 100 Classic Books (USA)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
Bah, not getting this until it has Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Maximum Ride, the Inheritance Trilogy, stories by Edgar Allen Poe, those books by the dude who wrote Wicked, the LOLcat Bible, something with sex in it, and the fucking Necronomicon.

Hmm...wasn't there a "DS Game" for Artemis Fowl? Flips: Artemis Fowl?

wtf.gif

Wtfzorz

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
basher11 said:
LAWL this game has AP?

choosing start reading sends you back through the loading screens and back to the menu.

smile.gif
Try the (E) version. It has the same books and I don't remember it having any AP.

xeronut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.net
XP
Country
United States
They're "classic" because the authors have been dead long enough for their works to be public domain, meaning the developers had a lot less work on their hands obtaining any rights still held to this stuff. Why put Harry Potter in ONE book collection on the DS, when you can devote a game to HALF of ONE book and sell scads more copies? Oh yeah, and Rowling is far from dead, let alone by 75 years or whatever the time limit is. If you live long enough, I'm sure y'all can have your dream lineup in a collection someday - until then, isn't there a PDF reader for the DS somewhere?

I'm a bookworm, and even I find a lot of this stuff boring as hell. Nice collection though.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
Inunah said:
Bah, not getting this until it has Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Maximum Ride, the Inheritance Trilogy, stories by Edgar Allen Poe, those books by the dude who wrote Wicked, the LOLcat Bible, something with sex in it, and the fucking Necronomicon.

Hmm...wasn't there a "DS Game" for Artemis Fowl? Flips: Artemis Fowl?

wtf.gif

Wtfzorz
It didn't catch my attention enough since it didn't have any of the other stuff.

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, it's all public domain stuff. So Nintendo will be making huge profits on this as the the licensing fees for this are 0. A smart marketing move, but you can get all of these for free online.
And you could download them and read them on your flashcart, making this software entirely useless.

Anyone with a flashcart and Moonshell can do the exact same this thing can do, and more, for free.

Salax said:
Why does this have Nintendo WFC?

Apparently there are 10 extra titles you can download. No word if there will be any more.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Regardless of the choice of content, I'd rather be interested in the actual interface.
I mean somewhere in there there must be a professional made, fully customizable text reader, or am I wrong ?
Now hacking this kind of rom and using our favorite material ( kind of like the GH3 custom editions ), wouldn't be half bad.
Did anybody try it ? How's the text handled ? Better then moonshell, or am I wrong ?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I prefer to read an ACTUAL book as opposed wasting the DS's battery just to read stories.

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
You know, I prefer to read an ACTUAL book as opposed wasting the DS's battery just to read stories.

Squinting at text to a book that it thicker than a ds while you are hunched over is a lot less convenient that the book itself. I find audiobooks great if you need books on the go.

Might as well go brush up on my Jane Austen.
rolleyes.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't find any of these books of any interest. They're boring to me. I've read A Christmas Carol already, so I know what most of these books in this game are like.

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
tinymonkeyt said:
basher11 said:
oh. it has Othello.

guess im getting this.
I'm wondering what would happen if someone brought their DS/i/XL to class instead of the real book. Many listed are books people actually have to read for school...Othello, Hamlet, Tom Sawyer, Huck Finn, Wuthering Heights, Scarlet Letter, Romeo & Juliet, Macbeth, etc.
My english teacher let me use it to read macbeth last year =P

kingsanto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This won't do well with the kids since there are no Twilight books on it.

It's an interesting selection. I've never been one to read ebooks. I like things I can hold with paper pages to flip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg