DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Goli said:
VenomTSH said:
Oh wow, I just started this, but the entire game is screaming POKEEEMOOOON COOOPPYYYYYY!!

...and with that said, this game's really fun and I like it.
smile.gif
It would be so much better if it had online multiplayer and not some tournament crap
angry.gif
You DO know that it has Wi-Fi connection, right?

It's on the box, on that one little corner. :\
Uh...have you actually tried the Wi-Fi features? Or even played the game? Because you don't seem to have any idea what you're talking about.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Those saying its pokemon....you are stupid, go play the game yourself as it plays nothing like pokemon.

Sure you get to choose from 3 starters (but you can do that in good old Black & White) doesn't mean it's a pokemon clone.

When finding Wild Monsters you can see them on the map and around you as little "coins" with a star on them (in pokemon you run around in grass, surf on water e.t.c. you can't see the pokemon around you).

Catching a new monster requires you to shoot stars at the monster your racing and fill a bar to befriend it (in pokemon you damage the opposing pokemon and throw a pokeball at it).

You can't evolve your monsters in Monster Racer but you can breed them to make a monster obtain skills it otherwise wouldn't have (like running on different types of surfaces) (I don't need to say it Pokemon is totally different).

The "battles" in Moster Racers consist of choosing your desired monster from your team of 3 and racing it against your opponents monsters, when out on maps where you can befriend more monsters you don't HAVE to battle other trainers you can just walk on past them (Pokemon you battle by pitting your 1st pokemon in your lineup of 6 against your opponent, you can switch pokemon and use items mid-battle).

The only similarity between Monster Racers and Pokemon is you set out collecting various Monsters to complete your goal and that's it nothing else the gameplay is TOTALLY different.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Is there some cheats codes for this game ? Looking for a exp. modifier and a code to reduce the time for a fusion/breeding

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I encountered 6 exotics in total. I only caught one, and I didn't like it. I almost caught an exotic Wolfreez (the cool wolf monster that purple-haired dude uses) but the other normal Wolfreez in the race reached the finish line just before I was able to deal the final blow... Fuck it, I felt so sore back then.

Nyteshade714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
themuddaload said:
i still want that zaal thing tho...
You can only get Zaal as one of the monsters you can only get to by breaking rocks in the star caves. If you're in Oceana then you aren't too far from getting the Sledgehammer which lets you do so. Also, don't know if it's just my luck or not but I've encountered 3 Zaals and they've all been exotic. Sadly, even though you need the sledgehammer to get to a Zaal and you can't get the sledgehammer until your monsters are in the mid 20s, Zaal appears at the same level (10-12) as the other monsters in the cave so if you want to use it you'll have a grind ahead of you. On the plus side, it does make it pretty easy to catch, even if it is exotic like the 3 I saw.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok I'm gonna take back what I said earlier about how I wasn't even gonna try this (I guess I was too afraid that it might disappoint me), I'm now officialy gonna download this. You got me too curious with all this talk about it.

Buchichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a Zaal in the caves on Star Island I'm pretty sure (?) I was only about level 10 or 11 and so was it. It's when the green-haired guy from Asia asks you to find one for him and I found it in the same cave as he was in. I didn't need the Sledgehammer - indeed, I still don't have one - and I've been using my prized Zaal for a while now.

Nyteshade714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I got a Zaal in the caves on Star Island I'm pretty sure (?) I was only about level 10 or 11 and so was it. It's when the green-haired guy from Asia asks you to find one for him and I found it in the same cave as he was in. I didn't need the Sledgehammer - indeed, I still don't have one - and I've been using my prized Zaal for a while now.
Huh. I spent about two hours searching in that cave before I got the sledgehammer and no luck, came back with it and found 3 within 10 minutes. Must just be RNG hating me.

It's also worth a note that, just like in pokemon, "shiny" monsters don't pass their exotic trait down to their offspring when breeding. Whether or not a monster is exotic is entirely random even if both parents are exotic.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this has been asked (looked around this thread, but didn't see anything), but what is the wifi for? Does it let you battl- errr, race other people's monsters?

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I think I misunderstood what exotic species are. Are they powered up version of a monster (like shinies in pokémon), or just a rare monster with high stats ?

EDIT : Oh. Just encountered one, they are like shinies
biggrin.gif
Damn, their stats are really high :wtf:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1