DS #4899: Monster Racers (USA)

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mangatic said:
what a sidescroller racing? whats wrong with it dont u ever heard of sonic? jk
i think its a shovelware and a possible button masher.

It's not shovelware. It's actually good. Shocker, I know.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Hachibei said:
Wow, 2D racing? Looks like it was developed for the GBA.

To be honest I think the DS is more suited to graphics like this, some of the cleanest, smartest looking games (Castlevania, Rocket Slime, Phoenix Wright) have been 2D pixel art. Especially when chracters need to appear small on the screen, they seem much clearer in 2D rather than 3D.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
Hachibei said:

To be honest I think the DS is more suited to graphics like this, some of the cleanest, smartest looking games (Castlevania, Rocket Slime, Phoenix Wright) have been 2D pixel art. Especially when chracters need to appear small on the screen, they seem much clearer in 2D rather than 3D.

I much prefer 2D pixel art over 3D on the DS. Case and point? Fire Emblem. Why they felt the need to dispose of the great and detailed characters of the GBA games in favour of dull and lifeless 2.5D messes like that is beyond me.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Blaze163 said:
BlueStar said:
Hachibei said:

I much prefer 2D pixel art over 3D on the DS. Case and point? Fire Emblem. Why they felt the need to dispose of the great and detailed characters of the GBA games in favour of dull and lifeless 2.5D messes like that is beyond me.
Add good ol' Professor Layton to that list.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
magicksun said:
it's good this game?

It's a good game, yes. Just don't go in there expecting the next Pokemon or something and you should enjoy it. I've enjoyed it so far. I've started delving into the breeding system to create a monster that's able to traverse most terrain with minimal fuss, gone in search of the monster orbs that allow you to change your monster's colour, caught (sorry, 'befriended') a few of the 'exotic' monsters, which are rare palette swaps of the usual monsters which have better skills but can be a nightmare to catch (sorry, 'befriend') because either they're faster than Speedy Gonzales with the squits or they appear with regular monsters that get in your way. There are some pretty cool looking monsters, the difficulty starts off patheticly easy but soon jumps up to be a reasonable challenge, there's plenty to collect although obviously nowhere near as much as pokemon, overall just an enjoyable little game that came right out of nowhere.

Hopefully this will get a sequel which will be bigger and better (and have deeper customisation options, like putting hats on your monsters or something) because this has real potential.

EDIT: whoops, typo.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a brilliant completely unhyped game
smile.gif

I played the (J) version completed it it was fun now I'm having even more fun because I know what I'm doing
biggrin.gif

To put it simply:

It's definately worth the try!
You'll find the game very easy at first and then WHAM you'll start to lose races, so it gets more "difficult" and the race tracks are quite interesting later on much more challenging

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no wi-fi vs mode makes me a sad DJ... but other wise it's a very good game.

VenomTSH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Oh wow, I just started this, but the entire game is screaming POKEEEMOOOON COOOPPYYYYYY!!

...and with that said, this game's really fun and I like it.
smile.gif

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
VenomTSH said:
Oh wow, I just started this, but the entire game is screaming POKEEEMOOOON COOOPPYYYYYY!!

smile.gif
It would be so much better if it had online multiplayer and not some tournament crap
angry.gif

Souldragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The Viztard said:
never exactly understood what fusing monsters does? can anyone enlighten me?

ive got a guess...do they combine attributes of the two monsters to create one with both?

What it does is, it mix and match the skills and attributes of monster A and B and output to the offspring of monster A and B..

so for example..

You got a monster that strong on grass which is your A monster.. and one that strong on water which is your B monster.. The offspring of that will give you a monster that is strong on grass and water. and the skills from monster A and B.

They really change thing around.. Love the GB version of Monster Racers more than this tho.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
VenomTSH said:

smile.gif
It would be so much better if it had online multiplayer and not some tournament crap
angry.gif
You DO know that it has Wi-Fi connection, right?

It's on the box, on that one little corner. :\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again