Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
pitman said:
White Screens on R4 Wood 1.05
hate2.gif
I use R4 wood. Upon the first boot, the white screen was there for about one or two minutes, and then went into the game. It's like that with homebrew, too. If it isn't an official game or has AP it'll take a minute for the firmware to get into it.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Inunah said:
pitman said:
hate2.gif
I use R4 wood. Upon the first boot, the white screen was there for about one or two minutes, and then went into the game. It's like that with homebrew, too. If it isn't an official game or has AP it'll take a minute for the firmware to get into it.

Still ain't working (tried leaving it for 5 min).
What settings are you using ?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
pitman said:
Inunah said:
pitman said:
hate2.gif

Still ain't working (tried leaving it for 5 min).
What settings are you using ?

works for me on R4 Wood 1.04... However, it wasn't as good as it looked in my opinion. the bird runs too fast and has too much trouble walking on the vines you draw
tongue.gif
Could've been better IMO.

pitman

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Heh, downgrading the firmware worked.

Now to play and see how it is.

EDIT: The game is really fun, it has that Kirby Canvas feel although it needs some time getting used to the game mechanics the only complaint is that there is no fast way to get rid of unneeded branches(or whatever they are), I'm already on the 3rd world and trying to get gold medals on the first two world

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
pitman said:

EDIT: The game is really fun, it has that Kirby Canvas feel although it needs some time getting used to the game mechanics the only complaint is that there is no fast way to get rid of unneeded branches(or whatever they are), I'm already on the 3rd world and trying to get gold medals on the first two world

Well there is a fast way, just draw a few branches somewhere where they aren't in the way, because you can only have like 3 or 4 branches at the time.

pitman

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Issac said:
pitman said:

Well there is a fast way, just draw a few branches somewhere where they aren't in the way, because you can only have like 3 or 4 branches at the time.

That is essentially what I have been doing but with trying to improve my time on some levels this causes me to lose precious seconds
tongue.gif

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pitman said:

Game works on wood r4 1.05 the thing is that you need to disable soft reset (doesn't work in-game anyways). I got treated with the double white screens first too, but after disabling soft reset it works fine, and the save works too. Made it into world 4 without any problems.

pitman

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I gonna keep the 1.04 until the next update (or when the DSTWO is shipped), I'm at world 7 and boy it is brutal with flying enemies that can't be block by the branches...

I'll be sure to disable soft-reset.

hashcookie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use wood 1.5 for r4 sdhc, the non-original-r4 one.

i turned soft reset off but i only get a screen with some japanese text in upper window.
the background looks like some ancient paper with white and beige... in both screens

no matter what i press nothing happens.

any ideas ?!

shadowmanwkp

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hashcookie said:
i use wood 1.5 for r4 sdhc, the non-original-r4 one.

i turned soft reset off but i only get a screen with some japanese text in upper window.
the background looks like some ancient paper with white and beige... in both screens

no matter what i press nothing happens.

any ideas ?!

That's most probably a message about a corrupted save, because the game has old storybook style graphics and most games contain such messages. Delete your current save and see if it works, because the game does boot in your case.

If that doesn't work, then try save types other than auto. Do not forget however that you need to delete the old save first BEFORE booting the game with another save type. However is very time consuming. (because most sites don't list save types, I don't know which is the right one for this game and you need to guess...)

Note: there's an option in wood R4 to show sav(e)s and ds roms, or all files. You need to change that setting to delete the otherwise hidden save files.

hashcookie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i tried all savestypes, no success.

same error always.

i even used a 512 sav that the normal r4 soft created, and renamed it to .nds.sav but again same error.

is there patch for the game?

shadowmanwkp

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, didn't the original wood r4 work on SDHC as well? Because I do recall people saying it works, can't confirm it because I'm on my wii. (original R4 user speaking).

Last thing that comes to mind is a bad rom/download, but mostly that ain't the case because it does boot up. You might want to check if it is a rom from bahamut, but I doubt that other groups dumped the game. And from your reply about save types I think you already tried different roms. You might try Ysmenu, but that might have problems as well and it can take some time to get some good infolib, savlib and extinfo files.... So yeah I dunno what's wrong with it....

hashcookie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i tried ysmenu just gives a white screen.
for the rom i could only find it from one source but it seems to be fine

the original wood doesnt work with r4 sdhc.
only the modified one, but maybe it isnt 100% since u have to start it manually.

so the millions of r4 sdhc now hope some gbatemp hero finds a solution or patch, thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/CaOkTKfxu44?si=gaexp0MTD_Yi-udH