DS #4778: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (USA)

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the new AKAIO release, I was reading that you have to change the Save type to 32mb..do I just have to do that with this game and Wario or do I have to do that with all of the games..always for me it would have the default setting

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
I'll buy it when Fatlus opens an EU division.

The remake of this on the 5DS is supposed to be really good. Can't wait for a European release date
wink.gif

Well, it'd probably cost ya a pretty penny but you can always import it. It's in English and all.

Anyway, a damn fine game. I'm really liking it. I just need to start playing more SMT games.

Gutentag

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
AnotherGamer said:
Can someone explain why some games with similliar problems get more-or-less universal fixes to them practically at the same time they're released (like for example SRW Mugen no Frontier EXCEED) while others like this one require flashcard-specific fixes to make them work? Doesn't seem to make sense to me...
Any explanation would be lost on you, if you don't understand the basic notion that not all anti-piracy measures are the same.

Posts merged

QUOTE(meikiyou @ Mar 25 2010, 02:13 AM) the problem comes from the save created by the cart or is an AP designed to run when you save?
yes

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Zantagor said:
Note to "Fans" you're not fans unless you actually pay for your fandom
wink.gif

Bollocks, I've been accidentally counting myself as a fan of pretty much all decent DS games for the last two years. Oh well. Back to my Evo
smile.gif

noname9889

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Zantagor said:
Indeed, so much for "Fans"
wink.gif

Real fans would be running to the store to buy this game instead of whinning about AP
tongue.gif

Amazon.ca shipped mine monday night and I already had it the day after and am enjoying it greatly.

Note to "Fans" you're not fans unless you actually pay for your fandom
wink.gif

Not necessarily. Ive always been a giant Shin Meagmi fan since playing persona 2 on the ps1 and would like to buy this game like i wanted to buy devil survivor. But im broke and dont exactly have that luxury. So you cant rip on a person, saying their not a fan just because their not paying for the game. As it turns out, people use money for a lot of things that we need to live. Games no matter how much i love them, dont outweigh eating. Because i like being able go an entire day without passing out. Consciousness is awesome like that. I will however agree with you about the whining. The patches are out when their out, shut the hell up, they know you want it, dont tell them every 2 minutes.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
AnotherGamer said:
Can someone explain why some games with similliar problems get more-or-less universal fixes to them practically at the same time they're released (like for example SRW Mugen no Frontier EXCEED) while others like this one require flashcard-specific fixes to make them work? Doesn't seem to make sense to me...

for Japanese game.. they have 2 dedicated guys doing these stuff
why universal, because the anti-protection is identical.
so what one need to do is tweak a little to suit it
smile.gif

of course who is going to do this for the U/E version..
also keep in mind that, we might get a special treat because they might upgrade the AP (MLRPG, PS0)

in other words, as long as there isn't anyone who is willing to step up for the scene
you won't be seeing any universal patches for U/E
tongue.gif

Ganduro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noname9889 said:
Not necessarily. Ive always been a giant Shin Meagmi fan since playing persona 2 on the ps1 and would like to buy this game like i wanted to buy devil survivor. But im broke and dont exactly have that luxury. So you cant rip on a person, saying their not a fan just because their not paying for the game. As it turns out, people use money for a lot of things that we need to live. Games no matter how much i love them, dont outweigh eating. Because i like being able go an entire day without passing out. Consciousness is awesome like that. I will however agree with you about the whining. The patches are out when their out, shut the hell up, they know you want it, dont tell them every 2 minutes.
If you're broke and can't afford an awesome, hand-hewn oak desk, does that justify going into the store and hauling it out without paying? If you can't afford video games, that doesn't mean it's okay or morally right to pirate them. The normal response to "I can't afford video games" is "then don't play them until you can." Pirate all you want, but never try to take the moral high ground about it, because justifying piracy is nigh-impossible. Just accept that you're doing a bad thing in doing so. Or, you know, go buy the game to give the developers money so they can make more.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ganduro said:
noname9889 said:
If you're broke and can't afford an awesome, hand-hewn oak desk, does that justify going into the store and hauling it out without paying? If you can't afford video games, that doesn't mean it's okay or morally right to pirate them. The normal response to "I can't afford video games" is "then don't play them until you can." Pirate all you want, but never try to take the moral high ground about it, because justifying piracy is nigh-impossible. Just accept that you're doing a bad thing in doing so. Or, you know, go buy the game to give the developers money so they can make more.

I like you already.

AnotherGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I understand that most types of AP are different, my main question was about how exactly some games get theirs cracked so fast that it can be released basically at the same time as the ROM, either because their apparent AP is "just" an unintentional bug in the way the game works or because the programmers were being lazy and used a scheme that was already defeated some point in the past? Or are there other possible reasons?

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Demonbart said:
You'll only find them in specialized game stores, and there is no game store within my vicinity.
So yeah, there are those games that you just "have to" pirate.

Ever heard of importing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer