DS #4778: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (USA)

tkhchicobo

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually there is another AP beside the saving problem : no random encounter.
When I played the game on my DS, I was running around without meeting any random demon (the blue bar wont change color to yellow or red too o.O). Then I played it using emulator and I've engaged a lot of battles.

Zantagor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowStitch said:
...should I even mention the remote possibility of actually purchasing the game if people are in such a hurry to play it?
rolleyes.gif

I mean, it's a SMT game, with an Atlus translation, it's going to be good, it's gotten good reviews, and it's available in stores right now.

Plus it includes a soundtrack and poster at Gamestop.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=76262

Instead of whining about how Norm isn't releasing RC2 AKAIO, or complaining that your card doesn't support the rom... you can either sit down, shut up, and wait for a fix so you can steal it (like most of you probably intend to do,) or you can go buy the game and support the programmers.

Those are your only two options unless you'd like to code a fix yourself.
Your ONLY options.
lecture.gif

Indeed, so much for "Fans"
wink.gif

Real fans would be running to the store to buy this game instead of whinning about AP
tongue.gif

Amazon.ca shipped mine monday night and I already had it the day after and am enjoying it greatly.

Note to "Fans" you're not fans unless you actually pay for your fandom
wink.gif

Twinviper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please excuse my ignorance in this matter but i curently have a M3 Simply DS (dont laugh) running YSmenu (not sure of version but at least 3 months old) as the M3 firmware appeared to stop being updated at 1.4 (ages ago) on my ds lite.

With the advent of games like these (AP including) what card would i be better off buying that 1. is supported well with patches etc and works without alot of hassle and 2. would possible work if i ever decide to by a DSi ? also would my 2 gig MicroSD card work in it?

Many thanks for all sensible replies.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I enjoyed Devil Survivor but its the only SMT I've played, how does this game compare? Is it similar and can you make decisions that affect the endings and multiple paths?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bik75 said:
So I enjoyed Devil Survivor but its the only SMT I've played, how does this game compare? Is it similar and can you make decisions that affect the endings and multiple paths?
It's nothing like Devil Survivor, it's much better and also, it's a completely different genre.

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Superb game. Played about 5 hours worth now and whole battle system is very well done. Didn't enjoy Devil Survivor but this is much more my kind of game. Think Etrian mixed with demon summoning. Starts off slow but once you get into the dungeon crawling, it really opens up. Yet another quality game from Atlus.

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bik75 said:

SMT is more of a Tactical role-playing game where as SJ is more of an RPG Dungeon Crawl.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Zantagor said:
ShadowStitch said:
...should I even mention the remote possibility of actually purchasing the game if people are in such a hurry to play it?
rolleyes.gif

I mean, it's a SMT game, with an Atlus translation, it's going to be good, it's gotten good reviews, and it's available in stores right now.

Plus it includes a soundtrack and poster at Gamestop.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=76262

Instead of whining about how Norm isn't releasing RC2 AKAIO, or complaining that your card doesn't support the rom... you can either sit down, shut up, and wait for a fix so you can steal it (like most of you probably intend to do,) or you can go buy the game and support the programmers.

Those are your only two options unless you'd like to code a fix yourself.
Your ONLY options.
lecture.gif

Indeed, so much for "Fans"
wink.gif

Real fans would be running to the store to buy this game instead of whinning about AP
tongue.gif

Amazon.ca shipped mine monday night and I already had it the day after and am enjoying it greatly.

wink.gif

Agreed. Which is why I refuse to pirate this, and plan on purchasing a copy on my birthday.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Zantagor said:
*snip*
wink.gif
Then there are people like me who either have no money to spend on games or want to play good games that are not going to be released in Europe (like this one).
And seriously, good luck to you if you want to find a good third party game like TWEWY or Bleach - Dark Souls here in the Netherlands.
You'll only find them in specialized game stores, and there is no game store within my vicinity.
So yeah, there are those games that you just "have to" pirate.

Rev Jim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
Supercard DSonei EOS V1.0 SP2, working 100% - played for about an hour and a half last night. Will update if any issues arise.

Odd thing though, with Infinite Space I was having a problem at first when first saving the game. It would be corrupted. So I erased the game and re-copied it over to my flashcart and in game saving worked. Last night I had the same problem with SMT:SJ, so I erased it and copied over still same problem. I upgraded to EOS (glad I did, it looks great and no problems at all) and it runs like a champ.

It was prob a saver patch isue, it always seemed a little buggy with the options and seaming like it didn't hold them or something in the old OS and pissed me off. EOS handles it much nicer IMO

AnotherGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Can someone explain why some games with similliar problems get more-or-less universal fixes to them practically at the same time they're released (like for example SRW Mugen no Frontier EXCEED) while others like this one require flashcard-specific fixes to make them work? Doesn't seem to make sense to me...

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Because while the problems have similar effects, the causes are entirely different and therefore require different fixes. Just because a computer crashes doesn't mean the same thing caused it every time, does it? But the result-the crash-is still the same. More logic here please.

s2d4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The jap version's AP patch of this game was in overlay_0000.bin. By only changing 2 bytes, and voila the save works.

The problem is that the US version seems to use a completely different AP (eventhough the files used still have the same nemes). So I can't use the same patch for it. And it looks like there are less and less hacker in this forum these days...
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves