DS #4749: So Blonde: Back to the Island (Europe)

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sfg said:
Why the hell don't all games in English also have subtitles is my question. I'm not deaf, but English isn't my native language so it's easier for me to read it than hear it and it's goddamn annoying when I miss something because the game doesn't have subtitles.
This. It'd be awesome if every game had subtitles, so you wouldn't be forced to turn on the sound if you're in a quiet place.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
ya, especially for games like grandia 3, where the ambient is too loud and everyone (so far in my 1 hour ++ of gameplay ) seems to be on a perm whispher tone.. that and the fact that it's usually very late at night before i can play my ps2 makes it more ideal for me to read out whatever is happening instead.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
sfg said:
Why the hell don't all games in English also have subtitles is my question. I'm not deaf, but English isn't my native language so it's easier for me to read it than hear it and it's goddamn annoying when I miss something because the game doesn't have subtitles.
This. It'd be awesome if every game had subtitles, so you wouldn't be forced to turn on the sound if you're in a quiet place.

All that aside, the most obvious reason for subtitles in this game is the fact that, like most DS games, it's not voiced.
rolleyes.gif

Redwolfeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I saw this game but never bothered with it.

The title strikes me as a Barbie/Legally Blond/Blond Dumb Girl Steriotype...

Am I wrong?

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The title strikes me as a Barbie/Legally Blond/Blond Dumb Girl Steriotype...

The title may be poorly chosen.

It's intended to be ironic... at least the PC version was, with constant jokes regarding the stereotype you just mentioned.

Deesotilio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
mrfatso said:
ya, especially for games like grandia 3, where the ambient is too loud and everyone (so far in my 1 hour ++ of gameplay ) seems to be on a perm whispher tone.. that and the fact that it's usually very late at night before i can play my ps2 makes it more ideal for me to read out whatever is happening instead.

Waaaaaay off-topic, your avatar is from what's probably the best-ever episode of Futurama
tongue.gif

My wife never gets it when I throw out "whale biologist" jokes
tongue.gif

On-topic: I haven't played a good adventure game in years
tongue.gif

This one looks like it's worth a shot. Seems like there may be some good humor in it
tongue.gif

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The scenario is from the scenarist of the first Broken Sword games (first three games if I remember right), but not from the same developpers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I havent finished watching it so no spoilers pls