DS #4748: PokÃmon: SoulSilver (USA)

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I laugh at ALL you people who try to justify your pirating.
No matter what you say at the end of the day you are a pirate.
If your FREE game wont work, dont complain about it.
Buy It.​

Heaven forbid you buy a few games.
Omg, end of the world
Its called work, you get paid for it, or a job or even chores for god sakes.

Thats how life works, you need to WORK to get money.
You should probably get used to it

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gunfreak11 said:
RyougaSaotome said:
Could I get a clear response on Acekard 2i running the latest update? I keep seeing somewhat inconsistent reports.
If it helps... I started a HG game with the Charizard patch on AKAIO 1.5.1 on an Acekard 2i. I ended up freezing twice; once after looking at my map app and turning it off, and the second after exiting Mr Pokemon's house.

I decided to update to AKAIO 1.6 in lieu of a better patch, and, having saved at 25 minutes with 2 freezes with 1.5.1, I can safely say that I have yet to experience another freeze within the 3 hours and 35 minutes of playing it with 1.6
biggrin.gif

I can vouch for this. I did a short report in one of the HG/SS threads where I was playing SS(CharizardChar patched) on AK2i AKAIO 1.5.1 with 1.5 loaders & how I encountered a couple of black screens & a freeze. I've since then upgraded to 1.6 (after reading all of the positive 1.6 reports) & I have yet to run into any black screens or freezes. 3 hours in.
yay.gif

mrwienerdog

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm kind of late to this discussion, and being an old man with kids, I have limited time on my hands. I can't read through all the pages about this, so could someone fill me in on if it is working or how to get it working on the Acekard 2 (v2.1) and the cyclo? I know the first reaction is to say,"Read the previous pages old man", but as I said, I don't have that kind of time on my hands. Thanks in advance.

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
Acekard requires no patch.

I am playing it on an Acekard 2.1, no freeze at all with the latest akaio. CycloDS does not work though.

suicidaltaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Silent Storm said:
Acekard requires no patch.

I am playing it on an Acekard 2.1, no freeze at all with the latest akaio. CycloDS does not work though.

Not true unfortunately. While it seemed that way at first, and I was super excited over it... the crashes finally got me too. Yes, 1.6RC1. First it was after ~3... maybe ~3.5 hours continuous play, and the second after ~1-1.5. I can only imagine they will become more frequent as is the case for everyone else.

No denying some seem to be having better luck, though, with even more hours put in. Maybe it will catch up to them, maybe it won't. Regardless, I can confirm even we need a fix :\

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
mrwienerdog said:
Thanks alot for the heads up. Will try tonight!

No problem, one thing to keep in mind is that it froze when I left it in standby for a bit, but then again I suspect it was a fault with the firmware (I recall a time on standby the game crashed), as I have had no crash in game without the use of standby (I am at the elite 4 right now).

If it crashes for you then its likely you are not using Akaio 1.6, which is what I am using right now.

suicidaltaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Silent Storm said:
mrwienerdog said:
Thanks alot for the heads up. Will try tonight!

No problem, one thing to keep in mind is that it froze when I left it in standby for a bit, but then again I suspect it was a fault with the firmware (I recall a time on standby the game crashed), as I have had no crash in game without the use of standby (am at the elite 4 right now).

If it crashes for you then its likely you are not using Akaio 1.6, which is what I am using right now.

I know what I'm using, buddy. 1.6RC1, 2 crashes. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I did not imagine them.

Once upon exiting a building, once mid combat.

Perhaps you're playing in shorter intervals?

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
I played the game all day, the shortest being 4 hours.

Edit - I downloaded the latest ak2loader from the site before properly playing it if it means anything, probably not.

idn

Trophies
XP
Country
btw, if any of you still has the old slot-2 based M3 (like Pro and Lite, I have a MiniSD Lite) - it works. hard to believe, but it does. I've been playing for 2 hours now with no freezes whatsoever, firmware 35, GM 36a, settings - 1xDMA (4xDMA won't boot), Force R/W, Trim and Soft Reset. the only problem is that the saves won't work with a vanilla rom, but it's nothing good ol' ARM7 swap won't fix. after that little operation everything's fine.

suicidaltaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Silent Storm said:
I played the game all day, the shortest being 4 hours.

Edit - I downloaded the latest ak2loader from the site before properly playing it if it means anything, probably not.

The loader is the same exact as the packed one, just checked
frown.gif
Complete match.

Maybe some important difference: A-DATA 8gb Class 6, FAT32 formatted, Acekard 2i (not 2.1)

Kinda stopped playing before seeing how fast I'd get crash #3.

You using any special ROM settings? After first crash I turned off soft-reset, but that (likely coincidentally) brought on the second crash much faster.

EDIT: *digs up Kingston 2gb* Here we go again.

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
Eh Kingston 2 gig Japan with Acekard 2.1, all I did was download the loader and didn't change any settings.

The only crash being the one where I left it in standby mode for about 10 minutes.

I am battling Lance now, I can check what settings I am using for you after I am done.

Edit - Just beat the league, credits ran fine and I could save fine.

Trim rom when copying is off.
Download play on
Soft reset on
Auto-run off.
Cheat code usage on

Thats all I can think of that could impact gameplay.

MgARBITER

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
I laugh at ALL you people who try to justify your pirating.
No matter what you say at the end of the day you are a pirate.
If your FREE game wont work, dont complain about it.
Buy It.​

Heaven forbid you buy a few games.
Omg, end of the world
Its called work, you get paid for it, or a job or even chores for god sakes.

Thats how life works, you need to WORK to get money.
You should probably get used to it

Amen brother. Im tired of people complaining about free stuff not working right. Yes i do pirate myself but don't go on a ranting spree when i find out there is AP. Just wait patintly and a patch will come. If not buy the damn game. Im almost tempted to.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't a piracy debate thread. It's a Pokemon thread. Bring your piracy bitching to another place. Buy the game or pirate it, either way you get to play it. Does it really matter that much? If you want someone to buy it or pirate it, flinging this poo won't make your point or change anyone's minds.

Stay on topic.

GasProblem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"btw, if any of you still has the old slot-2 based M3 (like Pro and Lite, I have a MiniSD Lite) - it works. hard to believe, but it does. I've been playing for 2 hours now with no freezes whatsoever, firmware 35, GM 36a, settings - 1xDMA (4xDMA won't boot), Force R/W, Trim and Soft Reset. the only problem is that the saves won't work with a vanilla rom, but it's nothing good ol' ARM7 swap won't fix. after that little operation everything's fine."

Doesn't work for me. Tried multiple arm7 files, keeps saying "The save data could not be accessed." on start-up.

Edit: Never mind, it worked when I used the arm7 bin of Pokemon Platinum. Everything works, including saving. Did have one freeze after saving, but atleast it plays.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: He's the reason why the banks closed lol.