DS #4363: Need For Speed NITRO (Europe)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda surprised by this game. The last handful of NFS DS games I've played seemed to lean more toward sim racing than arcade handling, so it was hard for me to get into the series. The drifting here is even more loosey goosey than Asphalt 2, but I'm reasonably entertained by the game. Might keep it around for a bit. Also, the music ain't that bad, actually; definitely better than the last batch of NFS games. Nothing great, but so far, nothing grates on my nerves.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to add that this game has Rumble as well. So if you have a Rumble Pack or a EZ-Flash 3in1 you could as it as a rumble pack for this game.

BastarB

Trophies
XP
Country
How is the framerate compared to Prostreet?
rolleyes.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't remember much about Pro Street, I didn't give that game much of a chance for whatever reason (I should try it again soon), but this game has some occasional slowdown in various places. Doesn't really detract from the fun the game provides me though as it's not too extreme. Looks like it's essentially 30FPS.

I'll tell ya, this is the most fun I've had with a DS racing game since Speed Racer. One thing I really like is that you don't have to muck about with tweaking car settings if you don't want to, just race. I like that. Some of the NFS games were annoying with all that forced customization crap to stay competitive. I just want to race, not piddle with settings. It's one of the things that annoys me about Smackdown 2010.....all the boring training mini-game blah over and over again made me lose interest. But I digress.

Something I realized late last night; you're supposed to hit all that breakable stuff (cones, barricades, trees, lamp posts, etc.) while racing to crank up your score. Kinda counter intuitive for me in a racing game, you know?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1