DS #4341: Umihara Kawase Jun Second Edition Kanzenban (Japan)

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a hex editor -- XVI32 for this short tutorial.

Load the game.

Ctrl+G

Keep it at hexadecimal and absolute and type in 51599

You will be teleported to address 0x51599

Click on 0C on the left (already highlighted) and type 36

Repeat the same procedure for changing 10 -> 11 at 0x516F4

Save the edited game

FIN

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NP. Figured I would rather teach a quick hex editing method than provide an IPS patch for the next time around.
wink.gif

madhair60

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's an exe patch floating around - not sure if I'm allowed to link to it, though.

But the patch works! I beat the PS1 version last night - no hentai
wink.gif

pelrun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I don't know where the "hentai in the game" thing came from; as far as I know there is no such thing (and I have the older games).

There *is* a whole bunch of fanart out on the net, though - and a surprising amount of it is nsfw.

blackkat101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Katuo said:
Seems to have some odd bug, the hook controls get screwy when you're several minutes in. The PSX version still hooks on but breaks on any sort of jump while the SNES version doesn't hook on to anything anymore. Seems to happen at Field 2 for me in both games, but not always at the start of it.

This is on a SCDS One. I guess it could be some form of AP.

Having the exact same problem.

1. The breaking line in the PSX version (first option).
2. Hook doesn't stick to anything in the SNES version (second option).

When it doesn't stick in the SNES version, I mean it doesnt stick even in the mini tutorials at the start of a stage once it starts. The game will work normally for a while, but after a death or two, it'll stop sticking. The thing is that when it stops sticking, and that translates to the tutorial where she's not supposed to die. The she jumps to show you how it works and it doesn't stick, she falls to her death and you get a frozen game...

Anyone know how to fix that? Oh, I'm using the latest M3 Sakura software.

--------------------------------------------------

Ahahaha, I'm so silly, I completely missed the Hex Edit posted previously. My bad.

Having now tried the Hex Edit, it has worked perfectly. I thank you very much and pray that others are not as slow as I am.

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, Umihara is 19 in the PSX version, which would make her 14-16 in the original game. And she's sort of chunky in the original release. Her bosom became more focused on the PSx version, which hosted tons of art by the creator.

Also, I don't know where the hentai rumor came from, but I doubt Umihara has ever had any hentai, and what little fan hentai is out there is pretty old... and pretty bad.. Which is sad.
frown.gif

On the anti-piracy issue, I thought that was a feature. I assumed some levels simply forbade the use of the hook. Anyways, thanks for the guide to fix this.

EDIT: Everything works fine now, thanks. Thinking about it, it seems like a pretty amusing AP. The hook breaking is an interesting mechanic that seems it could be used if propperly placed, such as swingin hard enough on a tight line would cause Umihara to rocket to whatever direction she was moving forwards before the line broke. Perhaps for a future release, if there's ever one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.