DS #4341: Umihara Kawase Jun Second Edition Kanzenban (Japan)

indask8

New Member Forever
Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2007
Messages
987
Trophies
0
Age
36
Location
Look at the Flag...
XP
340
Country
France
Kamiyama said:
Yup, mystery is solved. He's a she.

Indeed.

Actually (if I remember well) if you finish the PS1 version, and wait at the end of the credits... You'll get some hentai pictures...

I wonder if those spicy bonus are still included on the DS version...
rolleyes.gif
 

Hadrian

Everybody knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
16,984
Trophies
3
Age
41
XP
4,746
Country
United States
Oh shit! Didn't know this was out so soon!

Umihara Kawase was a great game on the SNES and a great one for PSX. PSP one was shit though, they really messed it up. Kiyoshi Sakai had nothing to do with it so that explains that.

This one is said to feature both the SNES (well Super Famicom seeing it never saw release outside of Japan) as well as the PSX version. Plus new levels and features and Kiyoshi Sakai oversaw development after being angry with the PSP version.



Grabbing it now.
 

Donato_Dobango

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2008
Messages
647
Trophies
0
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
164
Country
United States
Heck yes! I posted a thread wondering if this was canceled a few months ago because it was supposed to be out in Spring.

Definitely checking it out. If it comes with unlockable hentai pictures... yes please!
 

Katuo

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Oct 10, 2009
Messages
8
Trophies
0
XP
33
Country
Netherlands
Yep, both the SNES and PSX versions are included. From what I can tell, there's a "hard" / no tutorial PSX version included too, can't remember if the PSX game had that.

Still as fun (and hard!) to play as it always was.
 

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
939
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Mom's Basement
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
407
Country
United States
So this is an Action Platformer game that when you finish part of it you get Hentai Pictures?
I'm downloading this when I get home. He he he...

Uh...yea, platforming action and all that...and you play as a chick that looks like a dude...uh, cool?
 

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
1,125
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
189
Country
Gambia, The
Awesome! There are not enough good platformers on the DS and I think this will be one of the few great ones.

The SNES Umihara Kawase was hard... I hope this one is fun, and playable without knowing japanese..
 

Hadrian

Everybody knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
16,984
Trophies
3
Age
41
XP
4,746
Country
United States
Played several levels and those who enjoyed the SFC/PSX games will love it. A very well made and challenging DS platformer. It requires a little bit more brain actvity as you'll need to suss out how to get to certain platforms but those who have played the previous games will find themselves more than at home with this game.

The art is done well and the music and sound is very late 80's console. Controls work very well and I'm pleased that they didn't force any touchscreen gimmicks to operate the rope its pure d-pad and buttons.

A game like this really does put most games to shame, I hope we'll see a Western release.
 

Katuo

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Oct 10, 2009
Messages
8
Trophies
0
XP
33
Country
Netherlands
Seems to have some odd bug, the hook controls get screwy when you're several minutes in. The PSX version still hooks on but breaks on any sort of jump while the SNES version doesn't hook on to anything anymore. Seems to happen at Field 2 for me in both games, but not always at the start of it.

This is on a SCDS One. I guess it could be some form of AP.
 

Hadrian

Everybody knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
16,984
Trophies
3
Age
41
XP
4,746
Country
United States
Katuo said:
Seems to have some odd bug, the hook controls get screwy when you're several minutes in. The PSX version still hooks on but breaks on any sort of jump while the SNES version doesn't hook on to anything anymore. Seems to happen at Field 2 for me in both games, but not always at the start of it.

This is on a SCDS One. I guess it could be some form of AP.
Didn't notice anything like that on CycloDS.
 

Donato_Dobango

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2008
Messages
647
Trophies
0
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
164
Country
United States
I noticed the hook "breaking" as well in Field 02 of the original version in this game. Even in the tutorial cutscene in the beginning it just kind of hangs there.

I'm going to guess I got a bum "official dump" because I went for the first place I could find it instead of waiting for my usual contacts.
 

Donato_Dobango

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2008
Messages
647
Trophies
0
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
164
Country
United States
Okay, I tried two different versions and the same issue.

In both the PSX and original versions, if you die in Field 02 (if not the first time then after a few deaths) your hookshot becomes broken. In the SNES, it just won't attach to anything. In the PSX version, it'll attach and then release within a second.

I'm on a DSTT. Anyone else having this issue also on one?
 

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
11,056
Trophies
0
Location
PowerLevel: 9001
XP
5,713
Country
Italy
Donato_Dobango said:
Okay, I tried two different versions and the same issue.

In both the PSX and original versions, if you die in Field 02 (if not the first time then after a few deaths) your hookshot becomes broken. In the SNES, it just won't attach to anything. In the PSX version, it'll attach and then release within a second.

I'm on a DSTT. Anyone else having this issue also on one?
I'm on a SCDS One. Same issue. Doesn't happen in the DS version.

Too bad the game is too difficult sometimes.
 

xoinx

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2008
Messages
175
Trophies
0
XP
50
Country
Senegal
raulpica said:
Donato_Dobango said:
Okay, I tried two different versions and the same issue.

In both the PSX and original versions, if you die in Field 02 (if not the first time then after a few deaths) your hookshot becomes broken. In the SNES, it just won't attach to anything. In the PSX version, it'll attach and then release within a second.

I'm on a DSTT. Anyone else having this issue also on one?
I'm on a SCDS One. Same issue. Doesn't happen in the DS version.

Too bad the game is too difficult sometimes.
yea, same thing for me on EDGE... bad times...
 

Dark_linis

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
272
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Manhattan
XP
121
Country
United States
for those having problems, have you tried holding up(or down) when you jump?

I was stuck there last night and I managed to get by.

SNES version it doesn't connect at all and I get random freezes.

Maybe its well hidden AP?
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zsbXosf5FM