DS #4264: Cate West: The Vanishing Files (Europe)

Popin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I played this one awhile back and it's horrible. The cover makes you think it will be something like a mystery novel, but it's just finding things that are so random. Once you find all of them, Kate somehow figures out that the killer used a certain item to commit the crime. I wish there was more explanation, or even more to the story, since it didn't make any sense to me.

Not great.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
what the hell, so this game expect us to be able to arrived to the same conclusion as Kate just by finding some random items, that doesn't make sense... i agreed, it would have been a tad better if they were able to come up with a plausible method and explain it to us.

Popin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mrfatso said:
what the hell, so this game expect us to be able to arrived to the same conclusion as Kate just by finding some random items, that doesn't make sense... i agreed, it would have been a tad better if they were able to come up with a plausible method and explain it to us.
Not exactly. Basically you're told to find pieces of different items, so things like a shoe, a teapot, a doll, etc...The number of things you need to find increases during the game. Once you find all the pieces required, Cate takes them all and somehow uses her powers to the conclusion that the criminal used 2 items to commit the crime.

From there, you have a list of suspects and have to solve which one is the killer by the clues provided by the items Cate finds. (Clicking on the item that Cate magically comes up with, will cause her mention what she feels from it). Once that's done, the cop guy (I don't remember his name, it's been a long time since I played this) comes in. Instead of finding things, you have to put the pieces back where they belong.

So the game consists of finding things and putting them back where they belong, which isn't bad, but the story is horrible so I really didn't like this game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...