DS #4215: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (USA)

errtu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
cant make it work

did the hex editing, then tried to load with m3 real v4.4x nothing

tried to load it with sakura m3 1.41 nothing

just white screens, i f i try the clean rom i get to the select difficulty screen then two black screens oh well =(

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Eon-Rider said:
I'm running this game with no major difficulties on my Acekard 2i. I am having a minor problem though. Skipping cutscenes would result in a black screen roughly 30% of the time. The audio continues to play. Can someone check it out for me?

I would report on the AKAIO forums but I'd like some confirmation first.
yes it happens to me although it's less than 30% and sometimes the reverse happened

did you patch the rom?

kyogo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
luizx1x, which EZ-Flash version are you using? If you're on EZ-Flash V, V+, Vi : You can do the hex edit trick and use Kernel 2.0 RC6.

-Hex edit the rom using XVI32.
-Heads up on the Menu Bar, click : Adress > Goto...
-Tick the hexadecimal radio button and inside the box search for this string: 010E5DC
-On the spot, look at the Menu Bar once more and click on : Edit > Overwrite string... > then tick the Hex string... radio button
-Then type this on the box : 37
-Click OK and then save.
-Now, you can try playing the game.

errtu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
errtu said:
cant make it work

did the hex editing, then tried to load with m3 real v4.4x nothing

tried to load it with sakura m3 1.41 nothing

just white screens, i f i try the clean rom i get to the select difficulty screen then two black screens oh well =(

solved the problem man, it turns out i wasnt hex editing correctly. i was overwriting the text string instead of the hex string. hex string 37 and its done. kudos to whoever cam up with the method. i dont even know how to figure out which one had to be replaced and with what.

awesome. lets check out kh for the first time never played the ps2 version or anything

kazzar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! I HAVE BEEN PLAYING THIS FOR 2 DAYS ON MY R4 AND I AM ON ABOUT DAY 157. ONE OF IF NOT THE BEST DS GAME EVA. ALL THAT IS LEFT NOW IS ZELDA: SPIRIT TRACKS
nds.gif
moogle.gif

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eon-Rider said:
I'm running this game with no major difficulties on my Acekard 2i. I am having a minor problem though. Skipping cutscenes would result in a black screen roughly 30% of the time. The audio continues to play. Can someone check it out for me?

I would report on the AKAIO forums but I'd like some confirmation first.

Same problem here. with the Japanese rom tho.
Clean ROM, untrimmed.
Akaio 1.5 newest loader.
anyway to fix this?

beanj007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update that this still isn't working on an R4i Gold (v 1.30 kernel). Just goes to black screen right when you should take control, at Day 7. Music continues to play, but then cuts off. Have tried with and without hex edit.

Just bought this R4i Gold... is this something I should be expecting with R4i? Any thoughts on the M3i Zero?

Ta11on

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya.

On my SuperCard DS One i, after completing the mission on day 24 (Silence Broken) the game goes to a black screen. I have manually hex edited to allow the game to run up to this day.

Can anyone help?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Not quite getting into it yet but I'll give it a go - shows how little I knew about the series that until I started playing this one I'd always thought the KH series was turn-based like Final Fantasy.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
AKAIO 1.5 works perfectly during gameplay for me but when selecting return to Title I only get a black screen and have to restart the DS. It's not a major problem but just a hassle...

JmeClarke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought I'd share my battle with this game. Using an original R4 with 1.18 fw. First tried the clean version, got a black screen on the new game option. Hex edited it, and it worked. Weird thing was that the flashing light that comes on when you close the DS and put it into sleep mode was flashing really fast, unlike usual. Didn't affect the game though so I wasn't bothered. Around Day 119, I noticed the flashing was back to normal but the game started freezing at random points. The freezes got more regular as I got through the game so I got fed up. Installed YSmenu on my DS now and the flashing light is fast again and it hasn't frozen for a while (I'm at day 171 now). So, if anyone has these issues I guess thats a sort of fix, but I didn't see anyone else with them so I thought I'd put this here in case someone needed help.

JmeClarke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ragingchaosgod said:
^ haven't had any issue like that before... I'm using a 1.18 and it's working 100%. And yes, I've put it in sleep mode a couple of times.

No idea why it happened to me then. I'm gonna trade in my R4 for a Cyclo soon anyway, I'm getting annoyed at having to fix every singe decent game that comes out.

cocolicous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have got it to work Attention all R4i Users that have been having problems at the bed scene.!!!!!!!! This is confirmed working by myself, I am a Huge fan, so I did everything in my power to fix it and ow I have. Follow these steps:

1.Download Dsbuff V1
2.Take your patched rom. Click on unpack
3.unpack it, Takes a few minutes
4.and pack it again, Then copy the new packed rom to your Ds/i.
5. start the game and it will pass the start screen and when Roxas wakes up

Its my pleasure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj