DS #4162: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (USA)

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Faded Reality said:
Hey guys!

I'm stuck with an R4 (yeah yeah, boo!) and it occurs to me that this problem may become more common in the future so I'm curious.

Which card is the most recommended? Acekard 2i? Cyclo? etc

Personal opinions are great! Thanks!

I'd go with the M3 Real bundle, if I were you. The Sakura firmware is my favorite out of the cards I've tried, it gets frequent updates, and it's GBA expansion is MOUNDS better than the other ones, because it's simple as hell to use because it's automated. You just run the gba rom like a nds game, without the need to mess around and do things manually like other GBA carts. Another good one I personally like is the CycloDS, but I would only get that one if you need the in-game text reader, and don't plan on playing GBA games.

NeoFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTT owner here, and I can honestly say I have no intention of jumping on the M3/AK2/CycloDS bandwagon just for this one particular game. And the reason isn't that I'm not interested in Mario & Luigi 3, I absolutely loved the first 2 games, and it's not even that I have faith in DSTT devs for putting out a fw update anytime soon. It's more that I can see Nintendo is finally making some real inroads with their AP measures, and within the next few months I'm sure we're going to start seeing more and more games defeating flashcarts (for a little while or permanently) with better AP measures. I'd rather wait the next 6 months or so out before getting stuck with another non-working cart.

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm kinda upset that the Simply is dead....yeah there are newer m3 cards out there, but I haven't had a single issue with the card up until this release...

I'm certainly not going m3/r4/anything else that company supports ever again. It's just sad because I can say the same thing about the m3 lite, and that too is dead. Brand loyalty 4tf :/

Gonna try to pick this game up from my local game store anyway, is going to be well worth $35.

ShadowSol

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i got this from another forum (trust me i hate typing a lot)

" hate to crush you guys' hopes, but I had a talk with elixirdream a few hours ago (he's the one who announced the patch here). He said the code they were making seriously broke some things and they decided to give up on it. And the people who are making the code do not like to release patches anyways since it makes the flashcard developers become lazy and just steal the code for themselves WITHOUT CREDIT.

So the current R4 fix I knew about (which also was supposed to work on all cards) is no more apparently. It's a good thing they tested it before releasing it. I hear it messed some stuff up.

Anyways, believe me or don't believe me, I don't care. I wasn't the one making the patch anyways. Neither was elixirdream. I never even had it."

So does that mean r4 won't have a patch and why won't ys or yasu won't work on my r4sdhc (it can only load homebrew not roms)

zonnikku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mortenga said:
I'm kinda retarded when it comes to flashcards etc. So what would I have to do to get it to work on an edge card?

Yeah, I can't seem to get the game to work with my Edge card. I've heard it has something to do with the speed of your microSD card, so I might go out and buy a new one (I'm long overdue in getting another one anyway).

tapsel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Lakerfanalways said:
I am using an AceKard with AKAIO 1.4.1..the only issue I Have is that when I press save and quit, it wil save but it will go to a white screen, how can I fix that? but when I press save and continue it continues the game just fine

So, AKAIO 1.4.1 is months old... Does this mean that it would have worked with AKAIO since day one?

GRmask

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
anyone tried to fix this with ultra edit?
it fixed kingdom hearts so maybe it will fix mario & luigi and get it work on r4.
the problem is i don't know how to use ultra edit but i heard this is good for ds games that doesn't work on flash cards.
it's the last hope.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
iTouch DS users... The team has had an update... Firmware 3.3B... tested up to 4178 according to DS-Scene numbering which is Angel Sugar Cat. Btw, downlaod it at the simplepluseasy site

Yay we can enjoy it now
biggrin.gif

-Domination (
smileipb2.png
)

P.S. Man... Its starting to lag badly again. BAD OMEN.

Enerccio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NeoFire said:
DSTT owner here, and I can honestly say I have no intention of jumping on the M3/AK2/CycloDS bandwagon just for this one particular game. And the reason isn't that I'm not interested in Mario & Luigi 3, I absolutely loved the first 2 games, and it's not even that I have faith in DSTT devs for putting out a fw update anytime soon. It's more that I can see Nintendo is finally making some real inroads with their AP measures, and within the next few months I'm sure we're going to start seeing more and more games defeating flashcarts (for a little while or permanently) with better AP measures. I'd rather wait the next 6 months or so out before getting stuck with another non-working cart.
me on the other hand, did it other way around.
I waited patiently for 5 days, but then I said "screw it" and ordered Acekard 2i. It was for like 12$ on deal extreme, so screw it.
If patch for DSTT comes before card arrives, cool, if not, well, DSTT will be my backup card...
mad.gif
hate2.gif

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
An update for M3 DS Real / M3i Zero has been released yesterday by the M3 Team, it fixes the problems with this game and HGSS, Just wanted to let you know. Not that you think you still cannot play it on M3 DS Real / M3i Zero.
smile.gif

ruruonikun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hate to ask, but does anyone know a good site to buy the m3 ds real? i mean i only need to buy the card, i dont need the rumble or the expansion pack, thank you

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
DcThePurger said:
Works flawlessly so far on my Acekard2i with AKAIO latest version. I'm pretty lucky to be one of the only ones with a clean rom. For those of you struggling, best of luck to you guys in finding solutions. Peace!
yaynds.gif

Are you sure your using a clean rom. I tried with a clean rom on AK2i with AKAIO, and it freezes on the create a save screen. It works fine once its been patched though.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
How many posts saying "No fix for R4 yet grrrrr" do we actually need on each page?

Twin989 said:
Does anybody if the M3 firmware update works for Simply version? If so, how do i install it?

No it won't, the M3 Simply was a rebadged R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!