DS #4086: Sonic Chronicles: Yamijigen Kara no Shinryakusya (Japan)

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
don't say they made another 1?!

No, it's the Japanese version of Sonic Chronicles with a different boxart. Remember, this is made by Bioware, an American company. So they didn't really have that much time before to release this in Japan.

Burnedmagix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, this time, Japan waits for a US game.
Funny how the game IMO wasn't good compared to the Sonic games that were originally made in Japan

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
How to play "Sonic Chronicles" on your DSTT/AK2/(R4)

0. Download Child's Play Patch here. (Credit to Rudolph)

1. Drag & drop your ROM file directly onto the Patch.exe file. (or execute the Patch.exe directly in the folder placing your ROM.)

That's all!
lecture.gif

NOTE:
[] If you use R4 you have to use YSMENU. You can't use the original R4 loader.
[] If you use AK2/AK2i, you may need to start the game with pushing "A" button a little long in order to turn DMA mode off.
[] If you suspect this patch, please try it on some virtual PC like VMware.
[] You can use the Rudolph presented "NDS Backup Tool" for dumping ROM data from your game cartridge.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Spite this, there is a sequel to Sonic Chronicles being made... Sad for some people, but it may raise some eyebrows, Bioware are sure to improve on the original one with this sequel...

Japan always gets the best box art...

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
i really wouldn't want a sequel, it will probably be as crap as the first.

Wow, how faithful are you?
dry.gif

Listen up you idiot! Bioware were RUSHED (Like any other Sonic game to be release during an important launch date) and that's the reason why the game had flaws which could of had been corrected if they had been given more time. SEGA believes that releasing an iconic game on the launch date is more vital then giving the game time and effort to be finally polished. What Bioware should do is give it more time and don't tell SEGA 'ANY' possibility about the sequel coming out, until its finally ready and polished!

zif

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
What Bioware should do is give it more time and don't tell SEGA 'ANY' possibility about the sequel coming out, until its finally ready and polished!
The only way that would work is if Bioware was developing its own IP.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I wonder why the name of BIOWARE in nowhere to be seen in this boxart...
tongue.gif

But the first one had some serious flaw in the lvl-up, exp system and in the damages there were very random... (From 1 to 100 with the same character and in the same enemy
unsure.gif
)

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jackdanielchan said:
Spite this, there is a sequel to Sonic Chronicles being made... Sad for some people, but it may raise some eyebrows, Bioware are sure to improve on the original one with this sequel...
I'd guess that Bioware would have done it right the first time, hadn't it been for Sega. They're cursed with shmuckness.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You'd think if they were given a year they'd localize it some - I haven't really taken a look at this yet but I hope they've done some little aesthetic tweaks to make this game a little more enjoyable for the Japanese audience, like clean up the character battle model-textures and replacing X's and check-marks with X's and O's.

knowing my luck though it's probably just a translation and text formatting :/

EDIT: Some fonts were edited to look more bubbly, character dialogue text is now larger and antialiased. Other than that the game is the exact same. Even the comic-book-style cutscenes haven't been flipped or anything (although I could swear they just SLAPPED Amy into the first cutscene all of a sudden)

VTG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canonbeat234 said:
Wow, how faithful are you?
dry.gif

Listen up you idiot!
You seem like a nice boy. So you should realise that there hasn't been a truly great Sonic game since the MegaDrive. Don't insult people. It's not nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now