DS #3893: Historys Great Empires: Rome (USA)

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I was turned off by the last one. But since I didn't give a try I'm in no position to comment.

But according to Hadrian's write-up, its supposed to be like Panzer Tatic (heard it was pretty good).

Edit: Sorry, remebered wrongly
History Channel - Great Empires: Rome

approvege0.png

Wanted Level: 7

Region: North America Genre: Turn Based Strategy
Developer: Slitherine Publisher: Black Bean Games

Fans of Panzer Tactics may wanna take a a look at this game. Its from Slitherine, who have a long history in making well recieved PC strategy though most Nintendo gamers may remember their Gameboy Colour first person shooter "Tyrannosaurus Tex" (http://uk.gameboy.ign.com/articles/133/133802p1.html) which Eidos cruelly cancelled despite good press and the game being finished (mmm that sounds familuar...oh right they'er doing the same with Gauntlet DS!). Anyway this is the first DS with another getting a release soon after.
QUOTE said:
Live again the greatest battles of the Roman Empire and take advantage by using the resources and the war tactics to get the better of everyone.
Create the largest empire ever seen in the history developing the three great skills of a strategist: command mastery, diplomacy and financial management of the city.
Live the battles with minigames that will prove your wits in a lot of challenges. You can also choose, amongst 20 populations, which one to guide in a Campaign, including the earlier Roman settlements and the ancient Britains.
Live again Julius Caesar's and Marcus Aurelius' imprese to build one of the greatest empires of all the times.
Every game experience is unique and depends on your chooses, the alliances and the enemies you have to face.
A lot of minigames assure more variety and a deep immersion to the gameplay and give you the chance to explore the Roman empire and all hi strategies.
Sounds good, shame it isn't real time but at least its not another Pet game.

MR.jpg

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Domination said:
I was turned off by the last one. But since I didn't give a try I'm in no position to comment.

But according to Hadrian's write-up, its supposed to be like Panzer Tatic (heard it was pretty good).
That was Slitherines other game Military History: Commander: Europe at War. That game was ok but nothing special

Historys Great Empires: Rome is very boring. Its not a RTS, its turn based. Seems like a cash in, Sliter

Both were released in Europe earlier this year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.