DS #3866: Lux-Pain (Europe)

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was an okay game, but you'll only enjoy it if you really like stories and can get past the terrible translation. The gameplay is meh, mostly scratching, and the story is slow, but I enjoyed it.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
Lux pain is a good game, if you like playing games like Time Hollow. Its a good game and i think it was worth the time playing through and is a good game to enjoy if you have nothing to do.

- Karaku32

Oli181

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
was this getting translated by different people than the NTSC version? just finished that one so if this one is different i'll skim over this one and some of the text may make more sence

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I played the (U) version of this the other day and after a couple of hours I thought I was still in the intro. Eventually I gave up waiting for the game to start. I know it's mostly story but usually games like this have some kind of problem solving/decision making. This had nothing of the sort.

If you like games don't play this, if you like reading try a book/comic instead. This 'game' is neither one thing nor the other.

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was ALL story, not any real interaction (like Time Hollow), and it really drops you in the middle of it. As long as you're alright with reading pages and pages of dialogue with nonsense words that are translated in the game's internal glossary, you might enjoy it. I thought it felt like a really bad anime though.

ZeroBlitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
karaku32 said:
Lux pain is a good game, if you like playing games like Time Hollow. Its a good game and i think it was worth the time playing through and is a good game to enjoy if you have nothing to do.

- Karaku32

QUOTE(Maz7006 @ Jun 16 2009, 11:29 AM) This could have been a better game, but it isn't bad

i.e. its worth checking out if you have absolutely nothing else to play.

If you like story-based games like Time Hollow or Phoenix Wright then you're better off downloading Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Ever17, Clannad, Phantom of Inferno, Fate/ Stay Night, Tsukihime, Chaos;Head or G-Senjou no Maou than playing Lux-Pain. I couldn't get past the irritation of having the dubs say entirely different things to the text, the weird slow (and nonsensical) tap the words bit and uninteresting character interaction.

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
THIS GAME SUCKS.

Time hollow is much better. the stylus play is shitty and the story ridiculous and poorly written.
Worst game I EVER played.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
ZeroBlitz said:
If you like story-based games like Time Hollow or Phoenix Wright then you're better off downloading Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Ever17, Clannad, Phantom of Inferno, Fate/ Stay Night, Tsukihime, Chaos;Head or G-Senjou no Maou than playing Lux-Pain. I couldn't get past the irritation of having the dubs say entirely different things to the text, the weird slow (and nonsensical) tap the words bit and uninteresting character interaction.

One suggestion - don't make suggestions for PC games when we're in the DS section. I doubt anybody interested in Lux Pain would be interested in playing visual novels on their PC rather than their DS.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
This isn't even a game. It's like reading a book. A book that was horribly translated from its original language.

And before I get any "You're not the target audience, you don't appreciate it" remarks, I loved Time Hollow, Phoenix Wright, and Trace Memory.

Oli181

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
This isn't even a game. It's like reading a book. A book that was horribly translated from its original language.

And before I get any "You're not the target audience, you don't appreciate it" remarks, I loved Time Hollow, Phoenix Wright, and Trace Memory.

I don't think your going to get any arguments from here

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wintrale said:
ZeroBlitz said:

One suggestion - don't make suggestions for PC games when we're in the DS section. I doubt anybody interested in Lux Pain would be interested in playing visual novels on their PC rather than their DS.

it's possible with VNDS.... if people want to thats a different story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/tP_4p2-HkOo?si=YA0-tpAzP26E-P66