iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
da_head said:
o.o
i don't get why you people are impressed with this. i know its all about gameplay/story, and graphics aren't that important, but i mean cmon! the battle scenes are just flashing pictures
sleep.gif

i am a young whippersnapper afterall lol. but i'll try this out anyways.

This says it all, despite the fact that i was actually waiting for this one, but heck lets give it a try
biggrin.gif

twisteddeeds

Trophies
XP
Country
This game is more a tribute to the "hardcore old school rpg" and im loving it... Anyone who has played similar games, or read game books from the 80s will love this

kjean

Trophies
Website
homeless
XP
Country
Nice game! You don't have to be an old timer for this in my opinion. And classic display mode lolz.
btw, save corruption, that's bugging me. maybe Narin can help me (or us).
biggrin.gif

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh dear lord, status ailments out of battle. At least Etrian had the courtesy to make status ailments go away once you leave finish the fight.
No thanks, I can already see myself trudging toward the save point / healer with only 1 party member left alive. With 10 HP. Poisoned.

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
It's an "old-school" RPG. You young whippersnappers just wouldn't understand. Definitely not a game for everyone.

Believe me, you younger gamers would scoff at all the old-school RPG's of my youth. Just as I tend to scoff at many of the games you guys like. It's a generation gap thing.

dont get me wrong, I had a couple of old Nintendo and SNES cartidges, that played just like this, but they were too damn boring....

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I quite like the character and enemy graphics, they're stylish. The gameplay is anything but stylish though. Before reaching the first corner of the first floor of the first dungeon with my 4 level 1 characters I randomly encountered 4 bandits, each of whom attack twice a round, averaging one and half times the maximum hitpoints of a level 1 character.

I managed to sleep some of them before my mage was killed and somehow I survived with one character barely alive.

...only to discover that fighting one battle and walking 8 steps hadn't quite earned me the $300 price tag to revive 3 level 1 characters...

You can feel chuffed and use the word hardcore all you like, but its not hardcore, its stupid and if you enjoy that kind of 'difficulty' then never invite me to your house because I like to sit on chairs, not nails and I watch TV on a quiet evening rather than self flagellate for hours.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah but I notice one thing about people; they enjoy RPG's that appeals to their taste. So far I had played JRPG's mainly Final Fantasy; RP's in general like Riveria: the Promised Land. and ARPG's like TWEWY.

Also I did played Legend of YS; Soma Bringer (Act 2) right now. Most of them are always generic depending on the storyline. The gameplay is what really turns a person on/off.

As far as what the person said about the first battle with the 4 bandits then get pwned with only 1 character left. You wouldn't like Sonic Chronicles since in the very beginning if you don't strategize correctly you will most likely get pwned and may have to grind for a while until you're strong enough to continue.

I didn't play Mother/Earthbound however the difficulty inside that game is beyond hard from what I heard if you're playing it for the first time! I didn't even beat Chrono Trigger first ending because I didn't know where to go after you given the sword to Frog.

blu9987

Trophies
Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Heh, I spent an hour just re-rolling the character stats until I was satisfied with the rolls I got. I remember way back in the C64 days I would do that too. Used to drive my friend nuts because he just wanted to get into the game already.

I used to do that then get SUPER ANGRY when i'd accidentally re-roll the one i wanted
frown.gif

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you #$%ing kidding me. Sonic Chronicles? That #$%^ is easy as. To compare its difficulty to this? Laughable. Etrian Odyssey, heck even 7th Dragon is a cake walk compared to this. If you found Chrono Trigger hard then turn away now.

To the guy who suggested running. Nice try. I did that the next time I met them with a new party, 3 members slaughtered, finally succeeded to run with one hit point left on a warrior after 2 rounds.

This game is masochistic. A few judicious cheats could make it worth sticking around. I'm sure even suggesting that will make the self flagellants cringe but whatever.

twisteddeeds

Trophies
XP
Country
this game takes patience and lots of level grinding lol.. the best review ive read for it that describes it perfectly is destructoids

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
OMG I LOVE this!

despite my age ( i'm 13, so I haven't got any good memories of those bleck/white D.C ), a high difficulty (thus grinding) is my biggest turn ON,
and I loved Etrian Odyssey (both) and since this is atleast ten times as difficult, i think i'm gonna have a fun time with this little gem.

finally, after march, whose fantastic games (GTA, Pokemon, FFCC EoT, VP etc.) did nothing but dissapoint me, i've got a REAL game.
no kiddy nintendo shit. (reffering to the latest fantastic, but EASY zelda. don't get me wrong, I love nintendo)

well, anyway, for those who still don't know what this game is about:

you're just walking through a labyrinth, fighting enemies, and dying.
A LOT.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Meh. Don't get me wrong, I love pen & paper RPGs, but when I want to play one I gather a group of friends and do so in the real world. This game is pretty much like a pen & paper rpg, but with all the fun sucked out of it and you have to play alone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up