DS #3295: Colour Cross (Europe)

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like it. My only real complaint so far is theres a black and a real dark brown and its tough differentiate from one on other after 20 minutes of trying to solve a puzzle.

I mean it might not have a great presentation I guess, but I liked picross and I like this. Just find it fun.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it's OK. There's a few things they could've done better though. Like better pictures to solve and like eureca said the colours can get very confusing, like red, brown etc.

I also don't like the way that it doesn't tell you that you have completed a line. I find that I have to go back through the colours, pixel by pixel, to get to the last few dots left on the puzzle. Maybe I have been spoiled by Picross DS.

I like the way that it uses the different colours. It's like having 3 or 4 puzzles in one, and I also like the fact that it takes a while just to finish a puzzle. That's about all I like about this game.

Ferrian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My only problem with the game is that they force you to use the stylus. It would've been great if they had a option for d-pad control like Picross DS.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
kedest said:
Issac said:
I remember playing something like this a long time ago.. and that sucked really bad. I found that game to be really hard to figure out where the colors would be added, because it wasn't that old number+space+number.. it could be color1+color2+space+color1 or anything... hideous... and by the screens: The backgrounds are very amateur-ish
ohmy.gif

That's just how it works with multiple colors. You can't use the same approach, it requires new ones.

I don't think it's the only way. on the screen posted on the first post, there are ALL the blocks numbered, no space anywere at all, just fill the grid, so boring.

If you want a real picross with color, I recommend 1591 - Illust logic & colorful logic. (from Hudson)
it's working like a classic picross, but with color. You have to think if there will be a space or not between two numbers and that's more fun.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Ferrian said:
My only problem with the game is that they force you to use the stylus. It would've been great if they had a option for d-pad control like Picross DS.
Thanks, I was about to ask about that. No download on my end.

QUOTE(Cyan @ Jan 24 2009, 01:55 AM) If you want a real picross with color, I recommend 1591 - Illust logic & colorful logic. (from Hudson)
it's working like a classic picross, but with color. You have to think if there will be a space or not between two numbers and that's more fun.
This is actually the sequel to 0679 - Puzzle Series Vol. 6 - Illust Logic. Do you happen to know if either has button controls?

Ferrian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
This is actually the sequel to 0679 - Puzzle Series Vol. 6 - Illust Logic. Do you happen to know if either has button controls?
I'm not sure about Puzzle Series Vol. 6 but Illust logic & colorful logic has button controls that are very similar to Picross DS.

BionicC

Trophies
XP
Country
Ferrian said:
Vague Rant said:
I'm not sure about Puzzle Series Vol. 6 but Illust logic & colorful logic has button controls that are very similar to Picross DS.

Yep, the original Illust Logic does indeed have button controls -- and, IMHO, is a better Picross game than Picross DS
wink.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cyan said:
kedest said:
Issac said:
I remember playing something like this a long time ago.. and that sucked really bad. I found that game to be really hard to figure out where the colors would be added, because it wasn't that old number+space+number.. it could be color1+color2+space+color1 or anything... hideous... and by the screens: The backgrounds are very amateur-ish
ohmy.gif

That's just how it works with multiple colors. You can't use the same approach, it requires new ones.

I don't think it's the only way. on the screen posted on the first post, there are ALL the blocks numbered, no space anywere at all, just fill the grid, so boring.

If you want a real picross with color, I recommend 1591 - Illust logic & colorful logic. (from Hudson)

Is there perhaps a translation guide to that somewhere?

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I found this better than expected.

It forces you to use the stylus, but the d-pad saves you from making insane number of taps just to select different functions, also saves you from coloring in a neighbouring cell by mistake.

Completed the first five themes and about 5 puzzles from the second five themes.
And then I encountered a bug, where a player icon that I received for solving all puzzles in the second theme disappeared when I turned it off and back on. All the puzzles remain solved but my icon disappeared =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol